Are there 2006 SRT-10 Coupes delivered any where yet?

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
here is a black one. :cool:

7911coupe.jpg

sween

Enthusiast
Reaction score
that black looks awesome. Big-n-italian did you photoshop that? BTW does any body have the new automobile mag it has a short paragraph on the new viper coupe?

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i must give credit where credit is due sween. i found the picture on the Alley website, and thought i would share since i saw you guys talking about it. my understanding is that the car is real and was slightly lowered via photoshop.

SCLSSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This car was being driven at Viper Days last weekend @ Putnam Park. It was driven by Dan Knott.

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That’s wicked looking. Is that THE car Dan Knott had this weekend? I like it without the strips.

Anybody who buys a ZO6 over this car either, can’t afford the Viper, or has know sense of style and just wants to blend in. Even the SL500 those damn things are everywhere and there lame as [******]. IMO

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Cars went to D1 in the last few days, so in all likelyhood we will see some in September. Some 2006 SRT-10s Convertibles are also well into the loop. Hope this helps?

NascarDave

Enthusiast
Reaction score
September 9 is the date for production release as I understand it.

The coupe pictured above was at the Putnam Park Viper Days event. Dan's son is in the young drivers program. Amazing how well that car tracks...It's 30% stiffer than the convertible...and more horsepower than the Vette! There was also a Ford GT running. Viper Days rocks!

DN

OP
OP
V

VOI9 ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If that's a 2006 it must be a mule car because I heard the first 400 or so are blue and white 1st edition. Also the first ones will come off the line in September... unless I ahve bad information.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
SSunburn,

Good question, and one that deserves a quick answer. The wheels you see will be the standard rim on both Coupes and Convertibles ( though they will build few convertibles )and there will be other rims available, also. The 5 spoke and the ones shown on the European models will be a $700 upgrade, and hence one could see three different styles on the 2006s.

The European styled wheel , I believe, is somewhat delayed , so it will pop up a bit later.

FloridaChris

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bill-

Are the special edition blue/white stripe coupes coming standard with the 5 spoke rims, or are they a $700 option?

Thanks.

gts_2001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was given a "tentative" complete date of Sep. 14, 2005 by my dealer. (The date given by an "insider" at CAAP) Just got VIN and went D1 as of Friday, Aug 12, 2005. Hope this gives encouragement for those of us whom are "anxiously" waiting!

ChrisL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
First production Coupe assembly officially launches Monday, but I understand they are already under way.

Bob K

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My VIN ends in 100301. How about you others who have VINs? Does anyone know the numbering sequence that will be used?

Bob K

Mopar426

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anybody who buys a ZO6 over this car either, can’t afford the Viper, or has know sense of style and just wants to blend in. Even the SL500 those damn things are everywhere and there lame as [******]. IMO

I don't even know where to start so I'll just say...

Ignorance is bliss.........

I'd love to have both in the garage. :cool:

OP
OP
V

VOI9 ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm guessing those were either pre-production or 1st run cars that go to DC mgmt?

Does anyone know if the cars will be build in order of VIN#'s or do they build out of order?

gts_2001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Of course this is only a "best guess", but let's consider the following:
Bob K above has VIN 100301. Mine ends as 100488.

1. It's a "known fact" that they only plan to build 200 of the first editions. Either Bob K is the luckiest bastard around getting #1 of the first edition run and I'm toward the tail end of the run, or the VIN's are non-sequential.

2. Production supposedly starts (per ChrisL above) tomorrow August 22, 2005 and production release September 9, 2005 (per NascarDave above). That would make a 3 week cycle (I seem to remember when I picked up the 2001 GTS at the factory that it was 3.5 days on the line and 7 weeks in the "fit n' finish" area. Do they make tham that much faster these days?)

3. My complete date was estimated to be September 14th, that's 3.5 weeks from now. If that's the case, it's likely that mine is in the "fit n' finish" area now (I hope!) and "prosibly" (how's that for merging possibly / probably?) Bob K's is too.

4. I guess we'll know for sure about the VIN numbering system soon.

5. Good Luck Bob K!! (and everyone else!)

(Will post if I hear anything else from "inside")

gts_2001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
sween is correct!

Per DC press release (edited to save space):

Auburn Hills, Mich., Aug 18, 2005 - All-new 2006 Dodge Viper SRT10 Coupe priced at $83,995
Boasts Viper-signature triple 500s: 505-cubic-inch V-10 engine, 500 horsepower, 525 pound-feet of torque
Zero to 60 mph in under 4 seconds, 0-100-0 mph in low 12 seconds, over 1g on the skidpad
Dodge announced pricing today for the all-new, heart-pounding 2006 Dodge Viper SRT10 Coupe. Returning in hardtop form for the first time since the 2002 model year, the 2006 Dodge Viper SRT10 Coupe is available for $83,995, which includes $850 for destination. The 2006 Dodge Viper SRT10 Coupe arrives in Dodge showrooms in October.

[ skip several paragraphs here]

The first 200 of the all-new 2006 Dodge Viper SRT10 Coupes will be offered with a First Edition package that includes a Viper Blue exterior (the only coupes available in blue) accented with dual Stone White stripes[b/]; the five-spoke forged wheels; a car cover with dual stripes; seats and floor mats with contrasting blue stitching and embroidery; parking-brake handle, shift knob and steering wheel all highlighted with contrasting blue stitching and blue leather; and a serialized dash plaque (MSRP $4,995).

OP
OP
V

VOI9 ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm guessing that if you have a Vin# at this point you should know if you are getting a 1st edition car - correct?

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is another vin (it's not mine though): #6V100277 showing 9/01/05

But, I wonder whose order this is :D :
06 ZBDS29 ARMOUR 07/11 15805415 21A PBE X9YL BG 08/11

gts_2001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, I guess the VIN question has been answered (Thanks and congrats 1Tony1!)

Since 1Tony1's VIN is 100277 and mine is 100488, that's more than 200, so the numbering is non-sequential.

Black Mamba, my shipper lists an equipment code "ALS" with a description of "First Edition Group", so yes, I assume that all of us with VINs right now should know for sure we're getting 1 of 200.

Newport Viper, I dont think they ever produced any more GTS's in Viper GTS Blue with white stripes after that 1996 run (please corect me if I'm wrong). Although I have to admit that yellow is my favorite color and the Yellow / Black GTS gets far more attention / interest than my Red SRT-10 ever did, I'm opting for the first edition in hopes that it's relative "rareness" will command greater value (or greater sadness if it's ever stolen / wrecked) down the road.

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually that's not the vin under my name, it is from the same dealer though. The one under my name has not been assigned a vin yet.

Blue and whites were in 1996 and 1997.

gts_2001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just checked the Registry. I stand corrected. Blue and White in 1996 and 1997. One would hope that since they've "been there and done that" in 96-97, maybe Team Viper will maintain exclusivity this time. Probably too much to hope for, though. If the demand is there for more Blue / White, undoubtedly DC will produce them. It's the Germerican way?!?!

Thanks 1Tony1!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine