are these the 08 viper colors ??

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SRT brought the actual color chips to dinner tonight. BIG surprise, especially the Viper Violet. Forget the website mock up, the color appears to be much closer to Sapphire Blue, complete with the metalflake. ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS!

Sorry the picture is so-so, no photo editing software to clean up the other pictures I took (and won't show all the fingerprints from excited potential buyers!). But the colors are pretty accurate:

08colors.JPG

Yep, orange on top left (which is a little lighter than this one looks), Viper GTS Blue on bottom left, Viper Violet next the black - bottom row, second from right. Glad to see this one in person!

bigmike32172

Viper Owner
Reaction score
LMAO! Hey Austin, wheres the sunkist viper you did for me. Post that baby up on here so everyone can get a good look at the limited production sunkist viper!

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's not baby blue, that's ice blue, which should look great on the Viper. :2tu:

You must be registered for see images

It's a classy color. :cool:

rcl4668

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Y2K --

Once again, thanks for the great information on the 2008 Viper. Just to be perfectly clear, the colors depicted in the paint chip board you posted are as follows (clockwise from upper left): (1) Viper Very Orange Pearlcoat, (2) Venom Red Metallic Clearcoat, (3) Viper Red Clear Coat, (4) Viper Snakeskin Green Pearlcoat, (5) Viper Black Clearcoat, (6) Viper Violet Pearl Coat, (7) Viper Blue Metallic Clearcoat and (8) Viper GTS Blue. I am leaning towards ordering my 08 convertible in Viper GTS Blue, the Viper Blue Metallic or the Viper Violet and just wanted to confirm that the Viper GTS Blue is in fact darker than Viper Blue Metallic.

Also, did Dodge sow any pictures of the new interior colors/options?

/Rich

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not to get overly technical here, but between the quality of the camera, the computer and monitor you use and how they're calibrated or not... we are NOT seeing what Chris is seeing. For some, not even close. Would be nice if the VCA mailed out these swatches to the members. hint hint :D

Nsane1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmmm, his description of violet is not what I expected... I was expecting a lighter shade... Well that narros it to GTS Blue, and the green... Hmmm the green is killer, but having 2 blue/white would be nice too... Hmmm...

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not to get overly technical here, but between the quality of the camera, the computer and monitor you use and how they're calibrated or not... we are NOT seeing what Chris is seeing. For some, not even close.
Actually, I shot about 25 pictures of these color plates (ask CitySnake, as he was laughing his ass off at me) and chose the one that was closest to what they looked like in person. No Photoshop or color correction - straight from the camera. The only one that seems a little off was the orange, but even that may be exactly as pictured. The one thing I know for sure is that the Viper Violet is like Sapphire Blue (and all agreed) with perhaps just a touch of purple. Gorgeous!

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chris, honest opinion here. The orange they're showing, how close is it to actual ORANGE? Im not talking Copperhead/Wannabe Orange. Im talking REAL ORANGE. I see the orange plate, but I want your up-close-and-personal opinion. :)

And for the Copperhead owners, dont get me wrong, the Copperhead is a bad ass color, but I want a REAL orange. I think thats what we all expected when they announced "orange" when Copperhead was coming out.

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chris, honest opinion here. The orange they're showing, how close is it to actual ORANGE? Im not talking Copperhead/Wannabe Orange. Im talking REAL ORANGE. I see the orange plate, but I want your up-close-and-personal opinion. :)
It is indeed ORANGE. No Copperhead or even close. No metalflake, straight good ol' fashioned orange!

And as for the drool, that's what you get with all those excited Viper owners pawing all over them! ;)

NHL2133

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmmm, his description of violet is not what I expected... I was expecting a lighter shade... Well that narros it to GTS Blue, and the green... Hmmm the green is killer, but having 2 blue/white would be nice too... Hmmm...

I stole this from Vipernathan over at "the alley". I'm not sure if this info is correct, or where he got it from. It may put to rest some of the worries about a couple of the color combos.

Maybe one of the officers at the meeting in Detroit last week can verify?

"Stripe colors are white, silver, or charcoal. There will NOT be a GTS blue w/white or a Red w/white combo (voted down by VCA officers, as those were supposed to be limited editions (First Edition and VCA Edition coupes).

Anticipated production is July, containment in August, shipment in September. If everything goes as scheduled... (Never has in the past, but we'll see...) "

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chris....is it true.....no blue/white combo....I know the FE guys will be happy but if you look at it in 1996 all the coupes were blue and white so why not keep the option?

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lol, here's a purple SRT-10 in 1:87 :D

http://cgi.ebay.com/**-1-87-Dodge-Viper-...1QQcmdZViewItem

Nsane1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If the officers did that, I agree they were special editions... Of course that knocks my #2 choice off the list, so makes it easier for me to go green :)

xanadu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i still cant picture "baby blue" on a viper.

is it just me?

Maybe some of you forgot or never saw the color mock up's I did over two year's ago. They can all be seen in the "Media - Color Mock Up" section.

As for the "baby blue", I think they nailed exactly what I was saying 2 years ago (was it that long ago? Flying time). Not a "baby blue", but a deeper and slightly darker "sky blue". For example, if you have never seen Ferrari's Azzuro California (blue) in person, it can be hard to appreciate; pictures do not justice.

As for my mock up's . . . anyone remember these . . .

8384srt_photoshop_skyblue6_lrg.jpg

8384srt_photoshop_skyblue_05_sml.jpg

8384srt_photoshop_skyblue_06_sml.jpg

Vypr GT2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<< stole this from Vipernathan over at "the alley". I'm not sure if this info is correct, or where he got it from. It may put to rest some of the worries about a couple of the color combos.

Maybe one of the officers at the meeting in Detroit last week can verify?

"Stripe colors are white, silver, or charcoal. There will NOT be a GTS blue w/white or a Red w/white combo (voted down by VCA officers, as those were supposed to be limited editions (First Edition and VCA Edition coupes).

Anticipated production is July, containment in August, shipment in September. If everything goes as scheduled... (Never has in the past, but we'll see...) " >>

I think that are possibly a couple of errors in the above....

The Dodge official website promise black and red stripes in addition to white, silver and charcoal(red stripes on black; black stripes on GTS blue, green, venom red, red, and orange).

Maybe the white stripes could be deleted as options from GTS blue and red, but they do currently appear on the website. The special editions (First edition blue and white and VCA edition red and white) would still have wheels, interiors, hoods,dash plauques etc. unique to themselves when compared to 2008 coupes.

July seems a little pessimistic for production as well (here's hoping anyway!!) :cool: