Are these Valance Guards any good? Is there and alternative?

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ive seen a few on cars, they look terrible IMO but im sure its functional.

just be careful and go SLOW over bumps and you will be fine. its just a car, its gonna have a scratch on that part of it

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
IMO Those are the equivalent of putting an old fashioned leather bra on the nose...
It may work but it looks god awful.

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you don't scratch at at least one angle-of-entry, practice that until you get it right every time....and avoid the look of these things!

jwolf

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have one and I hit my front all the time.
http://******.vinu.edu/Viper%20upgrades/front/index.htm

I have had to remove it a few times and straighten it out.
If you look at my Deal Gap photos your can see it bent from going in and out of the motel parking lot in Gatlinburg.
http://******.vinu.edu/Viper/DAV_0498.JPG

I know guys on this list say they aren't necessary but if you drive your viper like I do, my front his all the time and you can't avoid or go in at an angle in every situation. I have even hit mine driving down the street with hills.

steve911

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The angle of the photogragh makes it look a ton worse than it really is... If you are standing next to the car, you wont see 99% of it. No if you drop a coin and bend over that is something totally different.

VYPR BYT 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ive seen a few on cars, they look terrible IMO but im sure its functional.

just be careful and go SLOW over bumps and you will be fine. its just a car, its gonna have a scratch on that part of it

I agree with plum. It's gonna have marks underneath and who is going to see them but you when you're detailing? I know it's annoying... the thought of your baby getting scratched, but it's a perfectly normal part of the car to take that kind of contact. My biggest prob with it was getting used to that nasty "sound" it makes when it happens :omg: yuk!

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have one and I hit my front all the time.
http://******.vinu.edu/Viper%20upgrades/front/index.htm

I have had to remove it a few times and straighten it out.
If you look at my Deal Gap photos your can see it bent from going in and out of the motel parking lot in Gatlinburg.
http://******.vinu.edu/Viper/DAV_0498.JPG

I know guys on this list say they aren't necessary but if you drive your viper like I do, my front his all the time and you can't avoid or go in at an angle in every situation. I have even hit mine driving down the street with hills.
Same here, I hit my front loads of times and yes the Chin guard helps, as for the comments about them looking horrid :dunno: They sit so low on the car you hardly see them :rolleyes:

jwolf

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When mine hits now it only makes scraping noise not the horrid noise it makes when the air dam hits and maybe catches with a pop and you wonder if the hold bumper broke off.

goldcup

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Had them on my GTS. I drive a lot of country two lane blacktop and the guards got a workout! Wouldn't drive a GTS without them!
You cannot see them unless you lay down or the cars on a lift.

GTLaser

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree those things are horrible looking but I needed one bc my driveway is the same so I had mine powder coated to match my paint. Such a huge difference, don't even notice it's there.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dale04SS