Are Yellow Vipers really faster?

garolittle

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We all know what Dodge "says" about the horsepower of a stock Gen II Viper but it appears that yellow adds at least 20 RWHP to an already fast car. Several owners of these brightly colored beasts have insisted that their cars are truly faster than the more traditionally colored Vipers. George at MGW had a yellow RT/10 and the car was an absolute monster. Also, on numerous occasions, VCA members have submitted stories that the yellow Viper is clearly superior to the non-Yellow snake. So I ask my fellow VCA members .... what is the truth? Does any empirical evidence exist or are the owners of the "school bus-colored" Vipers just blowing smoke in our face?
laugh.gif

KenH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's 'RACE YELLOW' to you buddy! I don't remember any of the other colors having a performance verb attached to it. That ought to tell you something right there.

--- Ken

S

SUN RA KAT

In a one word answer to your question,<FONT size="6">"YES!"</FONT s>
You must be registered for see images

Even the trees mimic the shape of my Race Yellow Viper GTS!

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe the RSI 9.48-sec car is yellow, as is my RT/10. The perponderance of evidence suggests "Race Yellow" is the fastest Viper color.

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yellow-schmellow. My Mom's former Prelude was yellow and couldn't outrun my Viper, so I would say this is good evidence that yellow does not make a car that much faster. Now, when we are talkin' about Steel Gray Vipers, especially with stripes....well, now were are talkin' about a real performance adder!

trumper Z06

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by KenH:
That's 'RACE YELLOW' to you buddy! I don't remember any of the other colors having a performance verb attached to it. That ought to tell you something right there.

--- Ken

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

tongue.gif
: Call me a TAXI........ ROFL
tongue.gif
:

jimandela

Enthusiast
Reaction score
heck ya!
and you join the yellow brotherhood with yellow fever.
you find yourself painting everything you own yellow.
And everything you buy... you want it yellow.

My hood pad for example:
prideandjoy.jpg

or fire extinguisher
fireextinguisher0002.jpg

radio benzel
radio0002.jpg

side sill
sidesill0007.jpg

also i painted my harness pads but dont have a pic available.

My 01 RT/10 is mighty quick for having minor mods.
Someday I would love to get it dynoed.

Love my yellow RT/10!!!

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score
I thought "red" was the fastest. Isn't that why they painted the engine "red" and had a "red" VIPER in the Magic Carpet Ride DVD? No flame...just wondering.
dunno.gif
BTW, I agree that Sam's Viper is very nicely done!

OP
OP
G

garolittle

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, my fellow VCA Members, the debate goes on. I am indeed about to purchase another RT/10 and I am absolutely torn between the decision regarding color. Should I buy yellow or should I buy red? I find myself speculating on matters of the heart such as, "Which color would attract more women?", "Which color would give me a better quarter mile time?", and "Which color would keep the Ricers at bay?". These are some of the questions that I struggle with as I approach the glorious day on which I will make my purchase. I ask you ... no, I plead with you, please give me guidance. Show me the way.
hail[1].gif

cstegall

Enthusiast
Reaction score
garolittle,

I truly understand your predicament. You know that you want a new Viper...you want one that is a low flying UFO that attracts fame and fortune like a box of KrispyKremes attract a fleet of gnats...but therein lies the rub...what color is the one that can raise your stature in the automotive world to levels of greatness,nay,shall we say a level of legends. Trust me my snake comrade..there is only one road to enlightenment. One road to fulfillment. One road to the Land of Legends:

DUH...by a **** yellow one and get with the program
supergrin.gif

Absolutely No Flame Intended...Just ocular observation,
Clark

S

SUN RA KAT

Red is the color of aggression - makes you psychologically drive more aggressively and causes more aggression in people who see your car. Do you want aggressive ricers hounding you when you drive? Do you want policemen to notice your aggressive driving and finding out your choice of car color has made them aggressive towards you? They don't call it Arrest-Me Red for nothing.

Yellow is the color of smilie faces and caution. You'd better be cautious when driving a Viper - it's much too fast to not always respect the power. People will smile much more when they see a Yellow Viper and enjoy seeing your car rather than feeling threatened and aggressive by it as they would with a Red Viper. Policemen will smile at you rather than feel they must stop you and give you a ticket. Yellow is also much more visible and even blind drivers will see you and not run into you at twilight or at night. And there are a lot of blind drivers on the road.

Red Vipers are beautiful, but Yellow Vipers are beautiful and much more rare than Red Vipers. And there is the Yellow Mystique of having a Viper that is even faster than your everyday Red Viper.

jpa99acr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I was in the market for an ACR, I test drove a yellow/black one. I swear that was the fastest car I have ever driven.. I like the color combo of my ACR better, but I think that the 01 Yellow one was one fast car!

anunakki

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Throw in another vote for YELLOW
cool.gif

I was trying my best to get this guy in a Z06 to 'play' last night but he wouldnt.. me thinketh it could be because he has heard the low mumurings in dark alleys regarding the yellow beasts...

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
I'll vote red since all but one of my tickets came from driving red vehicles. Course I'm a little biased...

jimandela

Enthusiast
Reaction score
garolittle,
i insist go with yellow.. it is a real crowd pleaser!!!

Chicks love it.. Ricers wish they had it.
Cops don't hound it.
The fastest ones are yellow, Treynor, Sam Kelly,C Stegall.
Need i say more.

check out anunakki avatar: http://vca1.viperclub.org/ubb/avatars/full/00004484.jpg

it is a great pic!! one click of that pic and you will see why
it just has to be yellow...

anunakki great pic!
garolittle come to the yellow side!!!
also check out this: http://www.venzanoviper.com/rt10raceyellowviper.html
JIM

cstegall

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay DDog... you got my attention AND it's been a while...can I rent your Viper for an hour?
cool.gif

Thanks in advance.

No Flame Intended...Just Observation,
Clark

SAM Team

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I offered Viper Day at my Church to my class for their kids and everyone else... as an additional Christmas gift. I have about 20 souls that will attest that Yellow is FASTERRRRRR...Clark, Don all you guys Happy New Year!

I have put the pictures from today on my website www.samviper.com share it with everyone.

1. Go to the home page and click on the banner at the top Viper Day AT BCBC 1-04-02!
2. Checkout the video of Mr. Bedsole (age 75 he does not drive anymore but I took him for the ride of his life in a parking lot) at the top
3. Click on all pictures to enlarge them.

Remember we do it again for those of you who missed it....January 11th at 1:30!

Little background extra Christmas gift for a few friends...

Remember January 4th at 10:00 am and 11th at 1:30 I am going to have my Yellow Dodge
Viper at the Church for these two Saturdays. As many that show up
will get to ride until we are all done! We can take pictures and make big
laps around the Church parking lot to make sure everyone gets a turn. What
a great way to fellowship! No one is excluded, let them bring
their friends. Please let me know which day that you might attend so I can make
plans. Send the "kids" to www.samviper.com they will get to see the Viper
and hear it as well!

We did a bunch of zero to 70 in the parking lot, autocross, ect...great time try it ....police came by twice but never entered the lot! I was worried someone may call about us disturbing the peace....it was a little loud for a subdivision.