Are you running a wideband? Is it necessary with a N/A engine, or mainly just FI?---

alwayscode390

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have widebands on all my forced induction engines ( supercharged /turbocharged ) ... since the A/F ratios tend to be more critical in these setups.

Do you guys run a wideband on your Naturally Aspirated engine?

Is it a good idea or a waste of time/money on our cars?

If you run one, where do you mount it , and which one do you use (what brand and model please).

I am used to the gauges being mounted on the A-Pillar , but our cars dont have a plastic cover there and I would rather not drill the metal to mount a gauge.

Thanks for the ideas :) ---

BlackSnake99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Are you running a wideband? Is it necessary with a N/A engine, or mainly just FI

If you run one, where do you mount it , and which one do you use (what brand and model please).

I have an Innovate LC-1 with an XD-16 gauge. I didn't like the A-pillar mounts so I mounted mine on the top of the column. I already had the shift light.

Daytime-
You must be registered for see images attach

Nighttime

BlackOutBoxing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Are you running a wideband? Is it necessary with a N/A engine, or mainly just FI

I just had my whole engine done with a real radical cam, Greg good heads, manifold etc.'Greg and chris from dc racing said to get a wide band. AEM makes one with a fail safe but it's not out yet so I went with innovative. I just got the car back and I'm going to try it on the Pillar. it looks like an annoying gauge, constantly displaying different readings and numbers flashing, but if something goes wrong it can possibly save my engine. If Greg and Chris recommend it, chances are it's for a good reason! 2 of the most knowledgable viper guys ever., so I took their advice!

OP
OP
A

alwayscode390

Enthusiast
Reaction score

You guys are talking about a pillar mount ... do they make a pod setup for our cars?

If so , please tell me the brand or link me to someone that sells it.

How about the column ... was that a column pod setup or was that all custom? Nice stuff!!! :) ---

BlackSnake99

Enthusiast
Reaction score

For the column I used two Autometer carbon fiber gauge cups custom mounted to the column cover.

If you want a pillar pod, I have one I will sell cheap.

Roe Racing also sells a single gauge pod for the steering column. I needed two gauges so I couldn't use it.

Vital Velocity

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Here's my setup. Boost and fuel pressure on the pillar, wideband on the column. I personally don't see the need for a wideband on an NA car once the tune is set unless you just want to be extra precautious.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456