Arrow Roller Rockers

Greg D

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is there any one out there planning on purchasing a set of Arrow's roller rockers ? I was just thinking, (which usually costs me) if there are 4 others out there that are considering a purchase of these rockers, a group buy would save us $120.00 per set.

You must be registered for see images

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 1bad gts:
Greg, do yourself a favor(YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR )go T&D you simply can not compare the Arrow to them.This is the reason every major tuner out there uses them. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

EXACTLY !
When one of the cheapies walks, you'll LOSE way more than the couple hundred you 'saved' by not buying T+Ds at $1275.

No cheap gears..no cheap halfshafts..no cheap roller-rockers!

OP
OP
G

Greg D

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Forgive me here, but I guess I am confused. How does a shaft mounted roller rocker "walk" ? I can uderstand how a stud mounted (Crower's Viper type) roller rocker might walk off the valve due to the way it self centers itself on the valve stem. but the Arrow roller rocker is shaft mounted which I thought would prevent them from walking off the valve stem.

Is there anyone out there that is running the Arrow rockers and haven't had a problem with them?

Thanks eveyone for the information, I sure wouldn't want to buy inferior roller rockers that would trash my engine.

Reaction score
Exactly why we sell and install the T&Ds as well. It's an expensive engine, and T&Ds are the most proven in terms of reliability, strength, and performance.

v8huntr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
arrow just came out with new and stonger adjusters. i have set in my car and i never had any problems. i think they are great and they are also not as expensive as T&D's.

chris

jamie furman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have used the crower that everyone thinks ***** for 2 years with no problems at all and I check the tip of the rockers and valves about once a year and have never found any wear or anything else wrong.I mean the factory use's stamped rocker arms and they work, it seems to reason the arrow or crower have to be an improvement.Granted the t&d might be better yet that doesn't mean the others are not good also_Oh by the way the crower 1.7 were worth 50 rearwheel horse on my supercharged car.I am not speculating, these have been on my car for a few thousand miles and dozens of quartermile runs not to mention I had problems with the stock valve train (broken rocker arm on 1 and bent pushrods on the other)on 2 of my previous vipers, the problem on both cars happened a low rpms on the street under normal driving conditions.Low reving vipers don't need shaft rockers if they did the factory would put them in like they used to on hemi engines. At least thats my opinion.

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Alan M 98 GTS NY:
Moderators please this should be in the Performance modifications topic.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Alan,

we have enough mods. We don't need anymore, thanks.. I think this topic is fine where it is...

Gerald

Robert Dyck

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jamie furman:
Oh by the way the crower 1.7 were worth 50 rearwheel horse on my supercharged car.[/B]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

========================================================

50 rwhp from 1.7 rockers??? I find that very hard to believe.

How much is the idle sound (lumpy) changed with the 1.7s??