Asps in Jasper II

Asp Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's all set up and ready to go.
Book directly with the Coast Pyramid Lake resort, 800-716-6199, give "CPL-GFC172" as the group booking code, or probably enough just to mention that your with the Viper Club and the dates.

When: July 18th through 21st.
Where: Pyramid Lake Resort, Jasper, AB.
What: Casual cruising around the Jasper National Park, Columbia Ice Fields, Maligne Lake and surrounding.
Who: Those of us who enjoy putting a few miles on, like to get together with like minded Viper enthusiasts and have a great time!
Why: See the Asps in Jasper thread from last year, check the photos and the comments then decide.:2tu:

Here's the email that went out to the members the other day. Note the change in booking code. (coasts' error, if you call and say you're with the club, there shouldn't be a problem)

"Well, you asped for it, now it'ssss here!! Asps in Jasper II.
Dates are as follows: Friday July 18th through Monday July 21st.
Events are pretty much the same as the first annual Asps in Jasper. Details to follow.
Hotel is the same, the Coast Pyramid Lake Resort. They are holding a block of rooms until the 18th of May, so book early. Coast Hotels & Resorts: Hotel Accommodation Calgary Edmonton Vancouver Victoria Kelowna Seattle Portland Burbank Maui Anchorage Boise
For reservations call...800-716-6199, quote "CPL-GFC172" when calling. There are a variety of rooms available.
There will be an event fee of $75/couple this year. The fee will go towards part of the cost of the boat cruise.
This cost was covered under an exceptional and one time only funding by both the VCA national and the W.Canada region.
(please send a cheque for $75 to myself at the address below.)
I'm open to input from anyone who has suggestions for changes/additions or high praise from last year.
Let me know if you'd like to see or do anything differently, now is the time as an event schedule has not been set.
I'll be counting event participants as the cheques come in, so reservations for dinner, the boat cruise and what not can be made."

Greg Weflen
103 Eversyde Mews S.W.
Calgary, AB, T2Y 5A4
[email protected]

Last edited:

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ran out of checks, I'll have to get a Money order.

Ted

OP
OP
A

Asp Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No rush, Ted. But let me know when you've booked with the hotel, the cheques won't be cashed until just before the event weekend, so you can wait until your new ones show up. Money order is OK, too, if you prefer.
There are rooms avail., and only blocked out 20 rooms until May 18th. Once the spring issue of Viper Mag drops, don't expect the rooms to last long.
I'll post up some detail this weekend on events and timing, stay tuned!

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmmmm, somebody posted this picture of the latest VIPER magazine...

You must be registered for see images

Looks pretty darn awesome to me! :2tu:

Viper ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Finally get to post again ..... Got a new Computer and forgot my login password .... Still got to view the site but finally got my password again to post :) That was a great time last year .. Cant wait to see the new Magazine

OP
OP
A

Asp Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow!! Great cover! Hopefully my issue is there when we get back from the UK! Can't wait!

Special thanks are due to Chris M. for getting us this fantastic coverage, it's realy unbelievable!! I'm just floored!

Rooms are booking up, so if you're thinking about coming this year, now's the time to commit.

PS Am in London on the hotel lobby internet terminal. There are tons of Aston Martins driving around here!!

Viper ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have a great Trip Greg !!!! It is very awesome the coverage that we got thanks to Chris .... and you for setting the whole wonderful weekend out .... Aston Matins ... Pfff .. They are tanks ... you drive a VIPER !!!!! ;)

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is very awesome the coverage that we got thanks to Chris
Naaaah... I just sent the magazine a CD full of pictures along with some descriptions. I would have been delighted to see one picture and a blurb. I was more surprised than anyone else with what they decided to publish. My thanks to the fine folks at VIPER magazine! :2tu:

Viper ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
True enough .... but thank you for going ahead and doing that .... And a very special thanks to the Great people at the Viper Mag for publishing !!!

Crompton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
booking as you read this and i think the wife will go with me this year so i won't be the lone male with a nice car and no women.Course i could of asked the girl in the bmw last year to pose in the picture with me but then explain that to my wife.

So when are we meeting again and is it in Rocky mountain house again.Hopefully with all windshields in tacks.

good to go booked for the 3 nites drive home on the monday..

Last edited:

Crompton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
it was a great time last year and will be better with each year.

p.s
when its nice out maybe next weekend if the snow stop perhaps a get together drive is in order.tired of the mustangs and vettes out there time to get re noticed.lol

OP
OP
A

Asp Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So, how many we have so far ????

We are at 11 cars confirmed at this point. The block of rooms is there until the 18th of this month, next Sunday. So anyone else wanting to join us has a week to get in on the hotel.
By the June 16th I will be finalizing reservation numbers, so I will need to hear from all interested parties by then.:2tu:

It's coming up quick, don't delay!:D

Last edited:

Crompton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So do you have a list of cars yet.If anyone is looking to meet in the Red Deer area the night befor let me know.I'm just outside of Red Deer and have 2 rooms if anyone is thinking of doin the Hotel thing.Just let me know and i will give directions or we can hook up at the thursday night meet in Red Deer.

Shane

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Greg cancelled it. His brother Darryl is hoping to have the meeting.
Better email before planning.

Ted

Crompton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Greg cancelled it. His brother Darryl is hoping to have the meeting.
Better email before planning.

Ted

rooms are reserved and the weekend is still a go.All those interested in still attending can post here or in the other Jasper spot in the western region location.A number would be great that way no-one gets missed on the trip out or the following days if they are arriving late.

Shane

Crompton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
and i was also told that the Friday night Reservations at The Embers will be left for 7PM.So if we make it great if not no penalties to pay.As for Sat. and Sun. we have nothing booked for meals.I am sure once we figure out where we wish to go then we can decide where we wish to eat.I also called Coast Hotels and Resorts in Jasper and as of now there are a total of four rooms booked under the group booking code.If you did not use the booking code please let us know.

Thanks Shane

Crompton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Also if anyone is interested in still doing the Sunday boat Cruise then let me know and I will inform Greg who has told me to get him a list and he will contact them for us.

Crompton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
people just keep droppin so as is my wife and i will be going for the friday night and comming back on the monday.To all those stil going if you wish to convoy up with us let me know if not we will see you there.

Crompton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well new plans for my wife and I.We are going to Jasper for Friday nite to see if anyone else is going to be there.Then on Saturday we will take our time headding back the way we came stopping off at a few sets of falls and the ice fields then onto the Banff area to do some trails then we booked into a hotel downtown Banff.We plan to go out that nite to eat and maybe to a pub/bar or lounge to dance and relax witha few innocent drinks.HEHEHE. then on Sunday maybe a few more trails or the hot springs then a few rides up thru the beautiful banff area to some locations we have been to befor.After that make our way back to either Calgary or to our home where there are no child or dog for the evening.Yeah a sweet relaxing short vacation just to get the everyday stress off the tired minds.If anyone else would like to join us they are welcome to.The hotel in banff is less then the one in Jasper and they have a late booking price that is a special rate.Pm me if you need any info but decide soon incase you have to cancel rooms in Jasper because there is a time limit befor they have late fee charges for the rooms even if cancelled.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4