ATTENTION ALL YOU NORTH EAST "FAST" VIPERS!

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ATTENTION ALL YOU NORTH EAST \"FAST\" VIPERS!

October 13th is the Vette vs. Viper drag event at New England Dragway.

JOHN LINGENFELTER HIMSELF is coming out with a Z06. There is also a turbo Corvette in our club that "only" makes 650hp.

WE NEED SOME VIPER BACKUP!

Jamie Furman, Jason Heffner, Don Nase, 1BadGTS, Dan Black, Dr.Roof, and maybe even SVSi - we need some Viper backup at this event.

Last year the Vettes took the win after I red-lighted my way out of contention. This year we have a couple of turbo C5's an as-yet-unknown-how-fast Z06 that Mr. Lingenfelter will be bringing, and we have some LT1/LT4/LT5/LS1 cars sucking down various quantities of Nitrous.

This is going to be a great event. BUT WE NEED MORE VIPERS!

So who can commit to coming? Come on guys - let's see if any of these Vipers are actually fast
smile.gif

There is a nice little diner on the way back from the track and I WILL BUY ALL OF YOU VIPER GUYS WHO COME DINNER AND DRINKS - ON ME! You get to meet John Lingenfelter, you get to race against him, and best of all you get to meet ME! and you get a free dinner and whatever drinks you want. You get to hang out with the New England guys and Don Boston (with his riced out yellow Viper) and me with my as-yet-to-be-delivered Viper (or maybe I'll get my turbo Vette tuned up and ready to run? hmmm..). What more could you ask for????

EDIT:

There will also be a few freebie racing giveaways... a few hundred bucks of stuff will be up for grabs by the fastest cars, so you dont have to walk away empty handed!

How about some of the tuners? Mr. Lingenfelter is coming all the way from Indiana - we have tuners much closer than that. How about Apex? They are in NY or Jersey right? You guys up for bringing up one of your beasts?

There's gonna be a whole bunch of quick cars there! I promise it will be a really fun time.

GONABITE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: ATTENTION ALL YOU NORTH EAST \"FAST\" VIPERS!

Cartech out of New Jersey will be coming with some vettes very respectable low 11's high 10's, I should have my Roe supercharger on by then if so I will be attending.I will jsut need directions to the track.

OP
OP
M

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Gonabite,

AWESOME! I would love to see you in your silver GTS... silver ones are the fastest (you, me and Albert :lol
smile.gif

As for directions, it is VERY easy to get to!

Take I-95 NORTH (from anywhere south of New Hampshire). Take Rt. 101 WEST (it is the exit about 100 yards before the toll booths... you have to pay $0.50 when you get off at the tolls). Take Rt. 101 WEST to Exit 11. At the end of the exit, go RIGHT. About 100 yards in front of you will be New England Dragway!

We will probably get together somewhere south of New England Dragway and caravan up there. I will post more info on exactly where shortly - but it will likely be somewhere on a major highway so it's easy to find.

EDIT:

Here is the website for the track:
http://www.newenglanddragway.com/index.shtml

GONABITE

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Mike,

Will all NHRA rules be in effect for this (i.e. rollbar) with the S/C I know I will need it and will not have it in time for this event. Please advise.

Dr Roof

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I will see what I can do with my schedule. It seems we have a trip to Branson, MO planned for that weekend but I will check with my wife. If I can rearrange I will be there!

I think I'm getting hooked on this drag racing stuff!!!!!

OP
OP
M

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GONABITE:
Mike,

Will all NHRA rules be in effect for this (i.e. rollbar) with the S/C I know I will need it and will not have it in time for this event. Please advise.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's an IHRA track. We don't have the whole track rented out, but we do have our own staging lane so we get more runs than the other folks. IHRA rules say you're supposed to have a rollbar for 11.49 and lower, however my friend was running 10.6's and only getting a little grief about it (i.e. "hey make sure next time you come here you get a rollbar ok?). At tech they check your tires, brief look inside the car, check your helmet, etc. When you're actually running, the tech guys aren't actively checking the cars and they are more lenient for groups that are there, like the Viper/Vette guys. I will ask my friend about it but I think you will be Ok.

Dr. Roof,

I didn't realize you were all the way in Kentucky. For some reason, I thought you were in New York... but if you can make it, I would love to meet you and see your car.

GONABITE

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Mike,

Our local track is pretty leiniant on the bar situation as well no problem into the 11's but I told them I will be running 10's and they said better get the roll bar, if you can find out for sure it won't be a problem I will be in attendance for sure. Thanks.

OP
OP
M

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DgeViper1:
Mike would love to make it, but I'm ******* that weekend. Since I left my family for the whole week of VOI, I have to pay my dues now. Have a great race.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

******* huh? Sounds like you'll be having more fun than we will
smile.gif
. So.... umm.... if you can't make it..... can your car still come?
supergrin.gif

Rob,

That's what happens when you have 390RWHP!!!!
laugh.gif
I'm just teasing you... Don told me all about the BTR setup. On Sunday the track should be very well prepped so you should be able to launch that sucker hard. 1.6 60 foot times on Sunday are not unheard of with stret tires!!! If you can pull a 1.6-1.7, you'll be way into the 10's.

Hiper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Mike,

I'll definitely try to make it! Although I might not be racing, I'll show up for support
bounce.gif

I'll also make sure I've got a camcorder with a fully charged battery and a blank tape! This is going to a great event! I'll even talk to a couple of my friends who also have Vipers, and they might be interested in not only attending, but also racing although their Viper's are "fairly stock"
BURNOUT.gif

What time is the event?

Dunn

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Dang, best of luck to all you Viper owners (I drive a Chevy, but Bleed Viper
wink.gif
). I would love to come down, you can slap some dodge symbols on the car. Some of the Vette owners wouldn't be able to tell anyways. LOL.

OP
OP
M

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score

oneslowhemi,

It's pretty much just heads up for fun... it's not a big event with trophies and all that - but we get our own staging lane so we get alot more runs than the other cars and it's always a good time. I think we run from maybe 9 or 10am until 3pm or so, and then it turns to bracket racing eliminations until we have a winner. I think we had maybe 15-20 Vettes and 5 Vipers last year. We're hoping for a few more Vipers and several more Vettes too.

I will get the exact time of start for you guys.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte