Attn. NOS users!

PRVT JET

Viper Owner
Reaction score
What size jets do you use on your kit? I tried a online calculator to determine what size is best. My car runs way too rich with the current setup, any help would be appreciated. thanks :2tu:

Isaac

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What brand of kit you have = baseline jetting ? And that will only get you in the ballpark, then you can fine tune it with jets or pressures. You will need to use a wideband o2 or read the plugs to get it right.

OP
OP
P

PRVT JET

Viper Owner
Reaction score
it a nos kit, I started with a 40/30(nos/fuel). It was way too rich and made about 90 rwhp. I'm thinking about a 46/24 or 46/26. What do you think? thanks tony

Isaac

Alternative

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You DO NOT want to mess with the jet sizing, unless you know what you're doing and you have access to a wideband O2 to read the A/F. Safest way is to follow the manufacture suggestion on jet sizing for your application. It will be rich to keep your motor safe.

If you want optimum performance with your nitrous, take it to a tuner who knows Vipers and nitrous. Since you're in IL, you may want to contact TOOOFST.

When people tune for optimum performance, it's specific for their application, so it will most likely NOT work with your set up. You don't want to have a lean condition with nitrous.

OP
OP
P

PRVT JET

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I also understand that too rich is not good. My understanding is according to the vipers fuel pressure of 55 psi, you don't need a large jet for the fuel. You can tune with bigger jets for good power, but it won't be efficient. You will use more nitrous and fuel than you really need.

bwhitmore

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I agree, don't mess around with the jets if that is what was designed for that car. Could be some other issues like low bottle pressure, or a disconnect of nitrous in the lines if you've just opened the bottle and don't have a purge kit.

Running rich is not necessarily a bad thing, it might not make optimum hp, but you know you're not in danger of running a lean condition.

OP
OP
P

PRVT JET

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It was a kit that was put together with NOS products, so the jets are not what nos suggests.I was just trying to get a start point with the calculator. The 30 for the fuel seems too much for a 150 shot on a 55 psi fuel pressure.

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I run a 200 shot at 53/35. The a/f is 11.5:1. As a side note, the nitrous is almost maxed out with a single NOS brand nitrous "Cheater" solenoid and 4AN line. Increasing the nitrous jet will not show a substantial change in a/f or hp beyond the 53 jet. Flow is totally maxed out at 63.

OP
OP
P

PRVT JET

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks jack, I don't know if my car is different. When I had a 40/30 the a/f went below ten. Right now I have a 46/30, I want to see what the a/f will be with this set-up.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960