Attn: Polybushing motor-mount users

MTGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just a heads up to all those who have ordered these while Woodhouse has been out there mounts.

So I'm doing my motor mount install and I get the first OEM one out. It's kinda jacked up which I figured it was. I grab one of the new ones and start to mount it back to the bracket. As I'm messing around with it I notice some small tears/rips in the poly. I'm thinking this is kinda weird. I go grab the other one, same thing. So I stopped everything and sent an email off to polybushings. I knew I wasn't gonna get a response as it was Memorial day.
Here's what I sent:
I bought your set of Viper poly engine bushing last week. I went to put them in and I noticed it looks like the poly is already cracked. Is this normal? I know how much stress things things go through so I don't wanna put them in if they are gonna rip like the OEM's I just took out.

I get this response the next day:
We found a flaw in the Viper engine mount mold. It is not a deep "crack". I am concerned, but have had only one go bad in the last batch. Go ahead and use it BUT if you have a problem with it I WILL replace it with one from my next batch that has the mold repaired.

I declined this offer and just asked for a refund when they gets these mounts back which they agreed to.

Pics (sorry about the quality, had to use the camera phone):

mount1.jpg

mount2.jpg

mount3.jpg

If you haven't put yours in yet please check them!!!!!

2001 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I put them in for one week and took them back out. With my cam and the fact that they are thinner than stock, my headers were hitting the frame.

OP
OP
M

MTGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agreed, luckily I found a set of woodhouse mounts another member did not use.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those mounts are just too darn skinny compared to the woodhouse mounts. If you look in Part 1 of my Engine Mount install write up you'll see the three mounts OEM, Poly and Woodhouse next to each other. The woodhouse mounts rock.

JayW1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads-up, I am just getting ready to replace my mounts as well. I hope the Woodhouse mounts are available soon.
Looking forward to Saturday. It will be hot but no rain forcasted.

0209 CLK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's my crap..I'll be emailing them RIGHT NOW! Did they offer to give you a refund?

Enough said, DO NOT BUY THESE MOUNTS until they have the new batch cause obviously we got stuck with the scrap batch.

mount 1
You must be registered for see images

mount 2

0209 CLK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
He just offered a refund as well or replace them with the new batch that's coming in. I don't mind using these but like everyone else said, they are skinny and would have to use shims to make them fit properly.

Woodhouse, hurry up we need these mounts! =)

OP
OP
M

MTGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
He just offered a refund as well or replace them with the new batch that's coming in. I don't mind using these but like everyone else said, they are skinny and would have to use shims to make them fit properly.

Woodhouse, hurry up we need these mounts! =)

Take the refund:2tu:

Reaction score
Once again I do apologize for the delay in the shipping of our next shipment of mounts. We have obviously underestimated the recent push for this product and should have planned ahead better.

Due to this increased interest though we will be raising the sale price to $1495.99 each and will be taking orders day and night....

Sorry I just could not resist!

There coming VERY soon, I expected them today but was disappointed. I will post as soon as they show up at the door!

Thank you all for the Kudos and waiting,

Mark

0209 CLK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I need a set! Save me a pair please so I can get this out the way already so I can :drive:
Once again I do apologize for the delay in the shipping of our next shipment of mounts. We have obviously underestimated the recent push for this product and should have planned ahead better.

Due to this increased interest though we will be raising the sale price to $1495.99 each and will be taking orders day and night....

There coming VERY soon, I expected them today but was disappointed. I will post as soon as they show up at the door!

Mark

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Mark

Umm....$1495.99 for each mount? :dunno:

BOTTLEFED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm interested in the these poly mounts
Although it seems they had a bad batch, I really need thinner mounts for my car

I have clearance issues with my new Roe S/C hitting my hood. I've tried everything Sean recommended and I still had to raise the hood 3/16"
I thought about milling the stock mounts but after looking at the design, I don't think that will work. If these mounts are truly thinner than the stock, it may give me just the clearance I need.

Does anyone have some of these they would like to get rid of?
I will take the chance of having to replace them to get the extra hood clearance.
Or give me the info on where to get them.

thanks,
Tim

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I have clearance issues with my new Roe S/C hitting my hood. I've tried everything Sean recommended and I still had to raise the hood 3/16"
I thought about milling the stock mounts but after looking at the design, I don't think that will work. If these mounts are truly thinner than the stock, it may give me just the clearance I need.

I will take the chance of having to replace them to get the extra hood clearance.

thanks,
Tim

Tim, they are indeed thinner and should give you at least 3/16" more clearance but I believe they will give you more clearance than that. The downside: some owners have reported issues with their after market headers, particularly that the collector turnouts hit the frame. This happened to me with my Belanger headers. The polybushing mounts lowered the engine to the point where my collector turnouts were resting on the frame. Shimming helps with this.

BOTTLEFED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Tony,
that sounds like just what I need.
I'd rather have to shim the motor mounts up than have the hood shimmed up, as I do now.
I have the old Borla headers and there seems to be enough room to drop them at least a 1/4" on the pass. side, even more on the driv. side.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Tony,
that sounds like just what I need.
I'd rather have to shim the motor mounts up than have the hood shimmed up, as I do now.
I have the old Borla headers and there seems to be enough room to drop them at least a 1/4" on the pass. side, even more on the driv. side.

You have the Borla stepped headers with the round merge collector? I used to have those and they made great low-mid range torque. The only downside I found was that they kept leaking at the two piece collector area. Those graphite gaskets kept disintegrating. I later learned that someone had welded hangers on the turnouts, which were not needed. Given the vibration of the engine and no flex in the turnout the collectors kept shaking loose and leaking. The lesson learned was either not to use the hangers or use the hangers in conjunction with a flex pipe like OEM has.

One other tip: after you get the new mounts installed check your engine for levelness. Chuck Tator had me use a level on the oil pan while I was underneath the car. I found that one side was off by 3/16" or so and I shimmed it up until it was even.

Reaction score
To all of you waiting on us to get the mounts here we NOW HAVE THEM IN STOCK!!!!!!

I have a list of you that have called but if you have not please do and I will get them out right away.

Thanks for all the positive feed back and your patients with us on the orders.

Sincerely,

Mark Jorgensen
800-889-1893
402-677-2935 cell

0209 CLK

Enthusiast
Reaction score

thanks,
Tim
If only I checked back on this thread yesterday I would still have these mounts in my hand, I just shipped them back to Johnny at polybushings and lost 20 bucks for shipping. :bonker:

Called Mark at Woodhouse today and he has a set ready to be shipped out, FINALLY the wait is over and now I can take her to the drag strip =)Thanks Mark!

Last edited:

BOTTLEFED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You have the Borla stepped headers with the round merge collector? I used to have those and they made great low-mid range torque. The only downside I found was that they kept leaking at the two piece collector area. Those graphite gaskets kept disintegrating. I later learned that someone had welded hangers on the turnouts, which were not needed. Given the vibration of the engine and no flex in the turnout the collectors kept shaking loose and leaking. The lesson learned was either not to use the hangers or use the hangers in conjunction with a flex pipe like OEM has.

One other tip: after you get the new mounts installed check your engine for levelness. Chuck Tator had me use a level on the oil pan while I was underneath the car. I found that one side was off by 3/16" or so and I shimmed it up until it was even.

I'm not exactly sure what headers these are
I haven't had any problems so far but there is a bad leak at the head with a crack in the weld of the #7 flange
here's a pic

if the car was raised up for you to get under it, how do you know it was perfectly level?
I'm just wondering because I need to check this as well since I have more clearance between the frame and the headers on the driv. side compared to the pass. side

Attachments

• IMG_0104.JPG
    IMG_0104.JPG
    90.3 KB · Views: 22

BOTTLEFED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If only I checked back on this thread yesterday I would still have these mounts in my hand, I just shipped them back to Johnny at polybushings and lost 20 bucks for shipping. :bonker:

Called Mark at Woodhouse today and he has a set ready to be shipped out, FINALLY the wait is over and now I can take her to the drag strip =)Thanks Mark!

thanks, too bad you already sent them back

if nobody wants to sell theirs, I guess I'll just order some from polybushings
I just thought it could help out both of us