ATTN Viper CLB member needs help..

TAPROOT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 01 RT10 W/1200mi on it..upon start up after a nights sitting i noticed it does not start or" fire " up as it used to..I have already washed out the winters gas out. It normaly or "used to" fire up on the 3rd quick wind up of the starter, now its more like 5th...any simular situations out there?
thanks from a fellow member,
Ivan

Tom Sessions

Enthusiast
Reaction score
it sounds like you may have a fuel pump issue.If you have access to a fuel pressure gauge hook it up to the test port on the intake manifold with the motor off.Start the engine and once the pressure comes up to around 50 psi shut off the engine and see how quickly the pressure drops.If it drops over a period of time then you most likely need a fuel pump

red98GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm lost here......isn't your car covered under the warranty being so new?? Why not just take it to your Viper tech and let him test it? Baffled. pete the (ex) glass guy

jimandela

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My 2001 starts on the first turn of the key every time since
delivery.
If your cranking it that many times, take it in to the
local viper tech something can't be right.

good luck
JIM

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you mean ruh,ruh,ruh, now it takes 5, or do you mean, you must turn the key to crank 5 times to attemt to start? If it just takes a little longer cranking I would see that as no big deal. If the car wont start and you must try 5 times that would be an issue.