Austin City Council approves F1 Race!!

Texas 97 GTS B/W

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who got a chance to view the tree hugger with dirty gray hair stating she hopes the F1 drivers all boycott
the Austin F1 race since it will be hot in texas and the race cars "Do Not Have Air Conditioning"... Oh yeah....
Internet motorsports video hilarity at its best.

Anyway, I called my Senator Jeff Wentworth and my House Representative Lamar Smith yesterday and
expressed their need to put a little high octane birdy in the ear of the Austin city council members to
help insure the vote would be in favor today. Now, I'm sure my calls did not make it happen but remember
a personal call from a voter holds much more credibility than any other form of communication. Also, doing it
the day before made sure they did not forget.

All this being said, the vote is in; 5-2 FOR the F1 race *AND* 5-2 FOR the 1000 room hotel!!!

http://www.statesman.com/blogs/cont...es_f1_agree.html?cxntfid=blogs_formula_austin

We are not done yet, unfortunately. I urge everyone to contact your State Rep and Senator soon while the
iron is hot and help promote this fantastic opportunity that is coming to Texas.

Let's keep our "snake eyes" on the prize. 2012 is right around the corner. I can't wait to drive mine on that track!

Viperless

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Shouldn't all that have been approved BEFORE they started building the track? LOL

TexasTonka

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Shouldn't all that have been approved BEFORE they started building the track? LOL

Has obama not taught you anything about liberals, you have to tell the people that the action IS happeneing, get the action IN motion, THEN vote on it and argue about all the cost invested in it. much like the original obama Health Care Reform bill.

Viperless

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has obama not taught you anything about liberals, you have to tell the people that the action IS happeneing, get the action IN motion, THEN vote on it and argue about all the cost invested in it. much like the original obama Health Care Reform bill.

It's that damn common sense thing. No one can seem to beat it out of me. :D