Australian Viper - The first factory refinished program in the world

THUNDER DOWN UNDER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yesnod.gif
It's official,
As of the 17th of October 2002 The Australian right hand drive Dodge Viper was launched at The Sydney Motor Show. All of us at Viperformance in Melbourne Australia are proud to be involved in this world first project. check out the Media release site at www.chryslerviper.com.au.

cheers

Jennifer
VIPERFORMANCE
THE911FACTORY
cool.gif

Miles B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Saw the red GTS with 96-98 wheels at Brighton Chrysler. The conversion of the interior looked exceptionally good. I've seen a lot of converted cars with lesser jobs. Wouldn't mind asking you a couple of questions, as I'm thinking about bringing a 99 RT10 over next year....

1. How much?
2. What's the deal with spare parts on the dashes and consoles if I break something?
3. The salesman wouldn't let me look under the hood (it was Oct 1 I believe) but he said you are using a Cherokee steering rack?? Is that as strong as stock? Would it be ok for road race tracks?
4. Do you have any recommendations for a mechanic to work on the car?

I'll probably come up with a few more..

Miles B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jennifer... can't really talk while I'm at work... working at a client's offices and they get sh!tty when I sit here talking on the phone about cars. Coming up for contract renewal and I'm trying to look good.
wink.gif

Will give you a call when I get a chance, thanks for the details.. wouldn't mind stopping by your shop.. are you open Saturdays?

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Be Advised:

Congrats on bringing street-legal VIPERS to OZZ, while GM is bringing re-badged HOLDENS to USA !!!

But Before you CONVERT the last RT/10 Ever Built, CONSIDER that it might be worth more as an intact collector.

I furnished 911Factory with the specifics. The Last RT/10 Built is THERE.....Guaranteed.

"Save The Last RT/10" !!!!????

Miles B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Heh heh when I was talking to the Viper "head honcho salesman" a few weeks ago I asked him about the last RT being here.. he said something to this effect:

"They are still making them in the States.. they have tooled up again and are producing more for a run of the special race one... umm can't think of the name."

I said "uh, yeah ok... ACR?"

He said "no that's not it"

Some things are different between countries, but some things remain the same. Dealers know little about the cars they sell. Still producing them.. ok. He was a little dirty with me as I am only 24.. acted all high and mighty Viper man. In the end, pal, all you will have to say is "yeah I got to drive someone else's car before I sold it to them". I will be driving one. Might roll up to that dealership 10 days in a row and ask for "one spark plug please FOR MY VIPER".

Ever noticed that the only dealers who seem to know anything about a car DRIVE that car? Hence - drivers do know more than dealers. You can't know more than someone who spends 24/7 with the car.

Miles B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jennifer... looked you up in the phone book.. 200 Canterbury Road Bayswater.

I was driving down Canterbury Rd on saturday but didn't see you.. can you tell me what crossroad it is near?

OP
OP
T

THUNDER DOWN UNDER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Miles B

factory 25/200 canterbury road, Bayswater North.

Enter via Bayfield Road off Canterbury Road. If still in doubt check the Melways or Phone 03 97298911.

Cheers

Jennifer

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
G'Day Mates, hope to come down some time and see a Snake on the Barbie!

You guys deserve the reward for all your hard work! Best of luck and keep us posted . We do expect alot more Aussies at the next VOI, now!!!

Miles B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Heh heh idiot proof instructions! (they're needed)

Bill.. come on down, we could use Woodhouse Australia. Are we allowed to join the VCA? Couldn't bring the cars I guess... they'll be right hand drive
frown.gif

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Heck , yes you can join VCA ---- Viper Club of Australia....see the letters don't even have to change, ha! Now quit typing and get back to work, we need those GTSs' and RT-10s'finished, so we can have a large contingent from Down Under at VOI-8.

PS - My wife is left handed and she thinks a Sydney Snake is only proper,since she would have the correct hand to shift with, hehe.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang