Auto Compensating Volume Control?

Flash1034

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does the Viper have an automatically compensating volume adjustment for the radio/stereo? I have an RBQ radio and didnt see anything in the owner's manual but it sure would be nice to have an automatically compensating volume control. Seems like it should have that feature.
:usa:
Flash

N

Nobody

Nope not on the radio.......has one for the engine tho...it's under your right foot :D .........IT"S A VIPER NOT A LEXUS :bonker:

NOTVETTE

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I never have the radio on when the engine is running. It interferes with the sound of the engine. :2tu:

Canyon707

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a pioneer gps/mp3 and cd player in my viper very cool it also has an optional remote that attaches to the steering wheel so its very easy to control everything. I did see a sound control for the viper recently on some site but, I can't remember where it was at this time.... If I come acrossit I will post the site.

viperbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually it would be a nice thing to have but it does not. I like it in my other rides and although I do like to listen to the engine/exhaust I still like to crank the tunes when driving.

Carleton

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Flash

The volume control was a great feature that was on my 2002 RT but not on the Gen 3s.
Like someone said above, I think you can purchase this.

Carleton

-------------------------
2002 RT (Sold)
2005 Commemorative Edition #56
Mopar Race Exhaust & Shifter. K&N's,
Al. Flywheel, Quaife,355's, 170* T-Stat.
Asanti 20" AF 112s DC Performance ECM Reflash. 478rwhp/501rwtq

N2 Vipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello??? It does have an automatic compensating volume control. My 2001 does at least. I know because it works in reverse, gets louder when you slow down. I had the radio replaced twice under warranty, but it still works backwards, so I finally gave up and live with it.

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Gen-2's have AVC... Gen-3's do not. Kind of odd, as the radio, even the stock one is on the communication bus of the car, it knows how fast you are going, would have been an easy add-on. The nav systems use this info for other reasons... which is also why the RB1 Nav system has a VERY cool feature- it can map even with total sat communication interruption, by using compass and vehicle speed in combination with last known location and direction to map.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techanvi