Auto Physical Damage Insurance Available for Drivers Ed Enthusiasts

Tim 02 FE Viper GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just received an e-mail from American Collectors Insurance that they are now offering the on and off track Drivers Ed coverage in CA, CT, FL, GA, IL, MD, MI, MN, OH and PA. Drivers Education is a club sponsored, safe driving program designed to help sports car enthusiasts become better, safer, more consistant drivers, both on track and off. If you want to participate in Drivers Ed with your Viper or other high performance vehicle, you may want to look into this policy. Many standard auto policies do not cover on-track activity.

The release says the policy pays on an "Agreed Amount basis", replacement parts of like kind and quality, covers the cost of using "expert" repair shops and storage and transit coverage at no additonal costs. No mention of liability coverage.

They are in Cherry Hill, NJ and can be reached at 800-360-2277.

I hope this is useful to some of our fellow VCA members.

Regards

Tim

02 FE Viper GTS 102/360

S

SUN RA KAT

This could prove to be a boon to those who want to go to Viper Days, but only if they have insurance to cover them on the track. I'd sure like to get just a weekend's worth of insurance for a decent cost since the only other insurance for tracked cars was for 30 track days and I would be able to do only do one or two weekends per year.

RT/ED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip!!! My insurance company doesn't cover these types of events and for this reason, I have not participated. I will check it out. :usa:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang