Autocross events?

SNAKE BITE

Viper Owner
Reaction score
While talking with one of our members at the last event, he mentioned he does an autocross almost every weekend. At the time I didn't think to ask, but where do all these events take place?

wastntim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Andy,

How's it going? What ended up being your best time? Did you end up with a trophy?

I think you were talking to Mike (not sure of his last name but I think "Linko"?) He is probably doing them with other car clubs and auto x clubs. I am not sure if he is on these boards or not but one of the club members should have an email address or phone number. I know Bill Sampognaro works on his car all the time.

I wonder how vipers fair at events mixed with other cars? I would fear that they would not do very well especially if they incorporate tight turns. Vipers need space otherwise the horsepower actually becomes a handicap.

OP
OP
S

SNAKE BITE

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Robert, I'm a Rookie so my times aren't very good. I think my best was 46.?? That's why I'm asking about other events. I need seat time more than anything to get better.

After talking with Aaron and others at the event I've decided to leave my car stock and just try and advance my driving skills to be a bit more competitve with the veterans.

Your correct it was Mike Linko I was taking to also.

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ive found in our area, there is a autocross every couple weeks somewhere nearby. There are about 5-6 major locations where they hold autocross events.
But like mentioned above, you usually have to join other car clubs or local SCCA. I wish there were more Viper only events,theres just not enough of us in one area. Check you local SCCA and you will probably find one event every month for starters, then if you find the "spot" they are held at, ig you go to that "Spots" webpage, you will find most other weekends there are events reserved with the different car groups.

http://www.scca.com/Inside/index.asp?reference=cendiv-west

Click on the appropriate regoin for your area. Then look on schedule for Solo events.
We are lucky enough to have a bay area website dedicated to Auto-Xing
Good luck and have fun.

SmoknTires

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Andy, the Salt Creek Sports Car Club is in our area and some of our members including myself have joined in with them at times. This particular group is Viper friendly, not a bad club.

Visit their website at: http://scscc.net

FYI - They just happen to have an event this July 29th called Marquee madness which puts different cars clubs against each other. Just what our club likes to do. And it's at Maywood Park (where we held our first autocross this year), a great facility. They emailed me asking if we'd like to participate. I was going to email this to our usual autocross crew but realized it's already in conflict with the Roanoke Car show (our cponsor). But feel free to give it a try. They're usually in our area so a good club to stick with.

wastntim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Family party that day...at my house...for my family, I don't think my wife will approve me attending.:rolleyes: