Autoform Does it Again!! Photos of 2003 SRT-10 with Autoform Accessories

LittleFish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chris, Thanks for your help. I'm trying to get the car (and trailer) up to the Whiteman AFB event. Keep me update even if the details are sketchy. I have to hire a travel nanny or have someone meet us to watch the kids while the wife and I get to play in the car. My questions would be if I can install roll bar and will it work with the current top. I want to take the car to a few viper events and just need to decide if the roll bars will be the easiest application. Then it is a matter of ordering and shipping.

The car looks great but I would only use the hardtop for events, same for the roll bar unless it works with the current top.

The autoform products look great!
dave

BlueGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Man that makes the car look so much better! I think if the wing was a lower wing, like the Mopar wing for the RT-10 it might look a bit cleaner. Other than that I cannot believe the difference a top and a splitter can make. Now if they made it in blue…

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The roll bar will indeed fit under the stock convertible top. It's a very nice piece that mimics the stock roll hoops, but they are painted and more rounded (A chromed version will be available soon, I believe). Then, those roll hoops are tied together by a cross piece toward the bottom. The roll bar is then bolted directly into the frame along the side. Excellent protection. Autoform also ships the bulkhead filler panels custom fit around the rollbar so that you don't have to cut your stock piece. It is removeable.

The only downside is decreased rear visibility as the cross member bar sits atop the bulkhead, effectively eliminating 1/2 the rear view. However, as a good friend once said to me "What is behind you is of no concern...." :)

SO there you have it - a clean installation that allows for the stock top operation. Excellent rollover protection. Bolt in. No cutting of interior panels. Fully removeable. Self installable. No reason to not have your SRT ready for the track if you so desire.

If my new crew chief duties lighten up :rolleyes: , and the last 96 GTS gets sold, then you'll see a bar in my car for ViperDays.

Nice job, Autoform.

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Autoform Does it Again!! Photos of 2003 SRT-10 with Autoform Accessori

Well the front spoiler and hardtop definitely make the car look more like the GTS. The general shape of the top is good looking, but the opera window separation is a bit awkward and I'd have the black painted section go all of the way to the window.

I'm also not a fan of the gas cap or rear wing, but the hardtop is well done.

-Dean.

Wayne Finch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
rendition without black on side of top.

Now car just needs a redsign of the back end (smaller tailights, perhaps integrated spoiler)

You must be registered for see images

Bob K

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do the prices listed for these parts include the paint. If not, there will be another major expense involved in getting them painted.
I will agree with most who have posted - it makes the car look more "Viper-like", especially the front end and top. I'm not that crazy about the wing - it doesn't seem to flow with the design of the car like it should.

Bob K

Hans Christian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I actually like the look of the small side scoops.

I can't wait to see more photos of all the products as well as a "live" demonstration. I will shortly order mine once I get a 2004 VIN# confirmed.

Bill P, I am waiting impatiently - hurry up, hehehe

S

SUN RA KAT

I saw this at Mid Ohio Viper Days, but Hoosier Daddy looked closer than me. I enjoyed it from about 10 feet away. It is a huge improvement over the stock SRT-10 as far as looks go and even the wing doesn't look out of place on it.

As Snake Bitten pointed out, the price is around $95K and less expensive than the not street legal Comp Coupe at $118K.

But, as I point out, $95K will get you a near duplicate of my Roe Supercharged Viper if you hurry before all the 2002 Vipers are sold - you may even find a genuine Yellow Viper GTS! Or you could save a lot of money by putting a re-creation of my mods on your Viper, if you can live with driving an "obsolete" Viper like me.

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Roll bar looks VERY good, hard top looks okay (not crazy about the fake quarter window/vent), like the side splitters, and think the front spoiler looks like somebody wearing an obviously fake Abraham Lincoln-style beard. Wing might match the angles of the inner side vents of the car itself, but does not match the flow of the outer edges at all. Like most, I would pass on it.

Can't wait to see these at Viper Days and applaud Autoform for taking on this daunting project. Time to start scraping together those pennies for the roll bar!

Chris

knuk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The roll bar looks okay but what the hell was Dodge thinking when they produced the car with "hoops" that serve no purpose? Did they think we weren't going to take our cars on the track?

LittleFish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll order the rollbar as soon as they go chrome! I couldn't put a painted rollbar on this viper. Dave

SRTRICK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK - I'm impressed with the look of the roll bar & will probably have to have one in either chrome or body color - when my car comes in that is.

Is the bar any taller than the stock bar, that would help in providing added clearance to possibly make this bar legal for other sanctioning bodies time trial events.

Can autoform comment on whether the bar adds to the rigidity of the chassis at all?? ......Just wondering.

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the roll bar pics, I like that, esp. if there's no cutting - can I get a clarification on the bolt-on nature of the roll bar?

knuk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Janni, from the pictures it appears that you have to cut holes for the outside support on each side...is this correct?

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
asp,
I did not get to look at the roll bar with the top off / down at Mid Ohio, but I did notice that there was a filler panel that was supplied with the roll bar that allowed your original to be kept intact. I was not really able to see the side bar that ties into the frame very well, but I thought it could be accomplished without cutting up your car and using the pieces supplied. I'll defer to Ken - hopefully he'll chime in here.

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Spoke w/ a representative at MCVO brunch they supply new bulkhead to be cut so original is left untouched. I would imagine that there are some holes that go into the frame for attachment points.

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Autoform Does it Again! They have created several exciting new products for the 2003 SRT-10. Please visit the supplier and product forum for additional information. Congratulations Autoform!

57frontsrt10-med.jpg

57rearsrt10-med.jpg

I have to say that the top makes the car! It adds a dimension of curvature that is missing from the SRT. Fantastic! The side skirts look impressive, the front splitter is nice enough. I have never been a fan of that style wing but it's not all that bad. With the front splitter, you need to have the corresponding downforce on the rear to maintain the balance.

LittleFish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I ordered the rollbar and the gas cap yesterday from Autoform. The silver color is ceramic coat, the other color is a powder coated black. The word on chrome is that they cannot find anyone in their area that has a tank deep enough to dip the entire bar.

Installation does require two small holes cut into sheet metal behind the seats. Also requires removal of rear tires and wheel well to gain access to the area. The bar is $1,995 plus $225 for the ceramic coat finish. I put 1/2 down for deposit, might deliever in 4-6 weeks. Looks like the hard top will not be valid for track use. That is all the info I have at this point. Dave

SERPENT INDIANA

Enthusiast
Reaction score

....Today was the day the "AutoForm Viper" finally made it back home to New Castle, In........the new SRT went straight from the dealership to AutoForms facilities during the Christmas holidays....I kept in touch with Jerry and Steve during the following weeks which turned into months...during the time they had the car, I was shoveling snow most of the time so the car was not really even missed.....I saw the sketches of the hardtop, and was please with the initial offerings....the car was nearing completion when I recieved a call from Jerry asking if they could keep the car a few more weeks to add on several more new modifications...again, the weather here was rather dismal and I had other toys to play with anyway so I agreed (d*mn am I easy)....I visited the car at Mid Ohio a few weeks ago and saw the car in person for the first time with all the modifications...I was stunned at the change in the cars character/personality....all I could say was WOW.....so, to sum it all up...the car was one of the first built...I visited it at CAAP in Nov....I visited it again in Jan. at AutoForms facility...I visited the car one last time at Mid Ohio where it was on display...and now it is finally home...I have yet to drive the car or even start it....all I can do is stand and look at it....WHAT A PIECE OF WORK....I can't thank Steve and Jerry enough for the time, effort and quality of work in the finished product...IT IS A WORK OF ART...I understand everyone has their own tastes and this car may not totally appeal to everyone....BUT IT HAS RECIEVED NOTHING BUT RAVES FROM EVERYONE THAT HAS SEEN IT SO FAR.....if you want to stand out in the crowd, contact these guys and get in line for some of the most outstanding modifications available....the car is truly OUTRAGEOUS.....thanx again Steve, Jerry and all the people at AutoForm that helped produce this most outstanding Viper SRT.....one very happy customer !!!!!

Wayne Finch

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Congrats Larry - nice to have it home. I too think the car looks awesome - any comments I made above were just personal tweaks I'd consider. Overall it is awesome. Send me some more pics while you are starring at it. Thanks

SERPENT INDIANA

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Wayne....hey, I suggested a tweak or two myself ;) .....overall, I am just plain IMPRESSED....turned out FAR BETTER than I would have ever imagined...maybe I will start it up soon !!! :laugh: ...gotta turn in early....leaving at 3am to Heffners in Baltimore to help a friend of mine bring his supercharged beast back to Indiana....