Autoform Roll bar hits softtop crossbar

Michael Hatch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone else have this problem?
Only hits on the Drivers side. I can close the top but unless
I put some kind of soft spacer, the bar and top will rub hard.
This can't be right.

VIPER D

Viper Owner
Reaction score
This can't be right.

its it the new or old design?

vd..

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This can't be right.

It was NOT installed right! :bonker: You have to jack them into place to get proper clearance!

OP
OP
M

Michael Hatch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chuck,
Thanks for the input. It was installed by a well known and respected Viper shop who says they did nothing wrong and all they will do is give me my money back if I take it out and send it back to them (in another state). Gonna call Tony from Autoform per his suggestion and see what he has to say. Stay tuned. It's the new design btw.

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chuck,
Thanks for the input. It was installed by a well known and respected Viper shop who says they did nothing wrong and all they will do is give me my money back if I take it out and send it back to them (in another state). Gonna call Tony from Autoform per his suggestion and see what he has to say. Stay tuned. It's the new design btw.

Every one I have installed has been defferent! The place to watch out for is at the top of the bulkhead, once the bolts are in that area STOP and try the top for fit!! Tony you might want to add that step to your instructions?

SRT10Mike

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Chuck,

Every one I have installed has been defferent! The place to watch out for is at the top of the bulkhead, once the bolts are in that area STOP and try the top for fit!! Tony you might want to add that step to your instructions?

When Ted @ Valaya Racing in San Jose installed mine, I do recall him mentioning something very similar to what Chuck said.

My top fits perfect. :2tu:

You must be registered for see images

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Mine fits perfectly too.

Install issue likely.

OP
OP
M

Michael Hatch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looked at adjusting the bar on the softtop. there is some play there but in mine, it was already adjusted to give the max height of the bar. Back to square one. Not a happy situation. Unless someone has another suggestion, it looks like the car has to come apart again and the bar reinstalled after making some mods (grind off any abnormalities?)to the horizontal beam it's sitting on.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960