AutoForm SRT-10 is there true more aerodynamics and downforce?

SneakyPete

Enthusiast
Reaction score
With the AutoForm SRT-10 body kit parts:

Front splitter
rear spoiler
side splitter
hardtop

Is there a true gain in aerodynamics and downforce for road racing use? or are these more poser add ons? I have not seen any documentation on them.

thanks

japon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
website

I searched the web for their site. No hits
Anybody here who knows?
What's the best price on the hardtop?

SCLSSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: website

I have all of Autoforms Body parts on my car(hard top, front splitter, wing, S.S. rear diffusers). Simple answer "YES". They make a huge difference. While participating in Viper Days at TMS I loaned out my hard top for a couple sessions, the difference in handleing without the hard top on was much different(WORSE). I had spoken with a few other Illinois members who had their SRT's there and they were complaining about how their cars were not sticking to the track. Well let me tell you, with the Autoform body parts my car stuck like glue all over the track. At VIR earlier this year the 3,000' & 4,000' straight aways felt much safer with the tremendous amount of down force that the splitter and wing created not to mention the upper SS's at 100+MPH

No, they haven't done any wind tunnel testing, they are not Dodge and do not have that kind of money to through around. They have to rely on those of us that have the parts installed to help get the word out. If you know where I can take my car to get the tesing done for free, I will happily do so for definitvie results. Just look at the cross sectional shape of the wing and simple aerodynamics will tell you the wing creates down force. If you want to see a close up picture let me know and I will send it to you or have my buddy Chris post it for me.

Autoform makes excellent parts and "THEY WORK" :2tu:

ViperRay

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I haven't been road racing long so my comments/questions should be taken with that in mind.

I have been under the impression (mistaken?) that the aerodynamic pieces here would really only be beneficial in high speed turns(>80 mph?).

I definitely feel I would have benefited from splitter/wing when I had my GTS at TMS but that's an unusual circumstance for road racing.

I'm not sure why these aerodynamic pieces would help on straightaways (since we rarely go much over 140 on most tracks and the car is very stable at that speed).

I ask this because the more I race my GTS the more I think about mods...I'm just not convinced yet that the aero stuff makes a big diff. I'd like to hear opinions on this issue though from experienced road racers.

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Add down force(hopefully) balanced and loose top end.Faster on a tight twisty.Slower on a long straight power track.Me?I like long legs,Possibly a little more front downforce.Why not just lower the car? Bruce

OP
OP
S

SneakyPete

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I have all of Autoforms Body parts on my car(hard top, front splitter, wing, S.S. rear diffusers). Simple answer "YES". They make a huge difference. While participating in Viper Days at TMS I loaned out my hard top for a couple sessions, the difference in handleing without the hard top on was much different(WORSE). I had spoken with a few other Illinois members who had their SRT's there and they were complaining about how their cars were not sticking to the track. Well let me tell you, with the Autoform body parts my car stuck like glue all over the track. At VIR earlier this year the 3,000' & 4,000' straight aways felt much safer with the tremendous amount of down force that the splitter and wing created not to mention the upper SS's at 100+MPH

No, they haven't done any wind tunnel testing, they are not Dodge and do not have that kind of money to through around. They have to rely on those of us that have the parts installed to help get the word out. If you know where I can take my car to get the tesing done for free, I will happily do so for definitvie results. Just look at the cross sectional shape of the wing and simple aerodynamics will tell you the wing creates down force. If you want to see a close up picture let me know and I will send it to you or have my buddy Chris post it for me.

Autoform makes excellent parts and "THEY WORK" :2tu:

If you could post some pics with complete SRT package, I would appriciate it.

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

If you could post some pics with complete SRT package, I would appriciate it.

Sorry I am a little late with these, but here you go!

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

SCLSSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Autoform Spoiler

The rear wind is attached to brackets on the inside of the trunk lid that are riveted to the lid. Then the wind bolts onto those brackets with two 10-32 socket head machine screws. Most of the support comes from sitting on the trunk lid, so the bolts just serve to hold in place. The wing is very easy to remove, takes about five minutes total. The front splitter is held on by four bolts (1/4-20)on each side of the front wheel well. There are brackets that are attached to the wheel well where the fender attaches to which the brackes are mounted. The splitter takes about five minutes to remove or attach.