Autoform SRT-10 Rear Wing

OP
OP
V

ViperInBlack

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The current Autoform wing looks better on a convertible than the comp-coupe attempt, but the Autoform wing (to me) is rather ricer looking. I think with carbon fiber splitter, conards, etc, it looks good. On a plain old Mamba...not so much. Again, something new will be announced next week, and that should be interesting. Personally, I still vote for a re-release of the SuperBird wing or perhaps a stepladder or tree house (with swing).

The big issue, for me, after you find one that aesthetically works is the visibility. As it is, it is often open for grabs who is behind you trying to see out of the back of the SRT-10. With a Valentine 2, ideally you may eliminate one type of visitor.

Alice

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think a subtle extension of the **** that's already there might look good. I dunno. I think the car looks pretty damn good the way it is!

OP
OP
V

ViperInBlack

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bill:

Agreed. I believe, in some sense, that is what the Coupe attempts to do...extend the current look. The rear of the SRT-10 is (obviously) a pattern of the RT/10. Since the rest of the car (and I concur; I have always liked its appearance) is tamer (than the GTS), I was hoping that some design guy/team could create some appearance options. But, as you correctly point out, it is an excellent design as it is. Although I had been close to finalizing on a `99 ACR, I am comfortable with the decision I made.

Alice

SCLSSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bill,

Thanks for the compliments. Wait till you see this year, the hood vents are now painted to match the fading on the sides and the tunnel under on rear bumper has been painted black. Those two new additions really make a difference. See you in May at M.A.M. Steve

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine