Autoform SRT-10 Rear Wing

ViperInBlack

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone installed (or considered installing) the Autoform SRT-10 rear wing? Anyone seen other/better wings, and anyone interested in a group purchase.

Thank you

OP
OP
V

ViperInBlack

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bryon:

Not the current autoform wing, but a Comp Coupe replica wing is about to be announced.

Shall post details next week.

Alice

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Gosh, Alice, I may have misunderstood, but I believe your intent was:

1.To ask a legitimate question and think that someone might respond.
2. You knew that Autoform is a very strong supporter of Viper Days, VCA sponsor, etc., so you were hoping someone might have a bit more info than you could currently glean.

Well, many of us did actually understand your intent, but sorry we didn't get back with you , as I too look forward to what will be coming from this well thought of Holland, Michigan company, as well as many other small companies that support the close knit Viper Community. Hopefully Tony will drop in a short note tommorrow, and enlighten those of us that really do want to know?

My apologies that the only responses you received were ridicule and ****** innuendo , as that was uncalled for.

Cris

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:)

Alice, whether I would like it or not the development of accessories, especially those with a performance aspect to them. are definitely desired. Thanks for your efforts.

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really think it would look sorta nasty. That wing on the silver one up there looks pretty horrific!

OP
OP
V

ViperInBlack

Enthusiast
Reaction score
W.G.C.:

I concur...absolutely horrific.

Let's see what is announced next week.

Maybe a wing from a Super Bird (j/k).

Alice

AG98RT10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Have to see it... maybe with the hard top it would look OK.

I've thought about trying to build up a CC look from an SRT-10 base, actually. Not sure how easy that would be.

Torquemonster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually the wing has a muscular look on the SRT10.... at least from that angle

don't be hating people :p

wings and body kits are a very personal thing. Why poke fun at people that like their cars to look more like a race car when they can actually back it up?

God bless individual expression I say! :2tu:

SCLSSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Alice, I have the Autoform wing on my car. Not to mention all their other parts. Send me a PM with your email address and I will be happy to send you pictures of my car to make your own decission. I think the car looks awesome with Autoforms paarts installed. I have been told by more than one person that they think my SRT is the best looking one they have ever seen :headbang: . I'll let you be the judge

SCLSSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Alice, the other option is go to Autoforms website (autoformgroup.com) and see for yourself. The silver car on their website is my car, or send me your email address and I'll send you pictures from the race track. Steve

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Alice, Steve is being modest, as his car elicted as many responses from the spectators at Viper Days last year , as did any of the Comp Coupes. This was at the Mid America Motorplex , South of Omaha, where the local Dodge Dealers sponsor the event and we get a great spectator turnout, with families able to walk amongst the Snakes and talk to the drivers of their favorite cars. Steve was always talking to someone, as his SRT-10 with the side, fade decals,the hardtop and the wing, is definitely a looker. Where it may not be for everyone's taste, as in all things in life, the crowds there really flocked to the Steve's Silver Slithering Beast.

OP
OP
V

ViperInBlack

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve you have a PM. Let's talk.

Bill:

Steve's car was among the first I noted when coming aboard. It is a great looking SRT-10 and easy see why so many are drawn to it.

He and Chris (Marshall) have the same side fade treatment. It works well on Silver and Yellow. I cannot see it working with other colors.

The wing is problematic. Even according to Autoform, it does impede rear visibility which is already rather limited.

Thanks to both of you.

Alice

OP
OP
V

ViperInBlack

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ron:

Agree about the wheels from the Coupe improving the impact of the car, but what do you think about the apparent lack of visibility from that wing. BTW: who manufactures that particular unit?

Alice

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Alice,
I'm not sure about the wing and visability but there is a wing like that used on a MOPAR SRT-10 for the 1 lap of America you might want to look into (actually the one I was refering too).
You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've wiped my eyes several times, and that car still looks terrible! That wing looks very awkward and out of place! Ruins the lines of the car!

OP
OP
V

ViperInBlack

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bill:

I think the wing is acceptable with the top up. With the top down, it seems imbalanced.

Who makes that particular wing or was it a one-off?

Alice

Finally got it !

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have to agree with Carrot. From the above pics that wing is a no go!!! Stay away from that wing Alice..

Finally got it !

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Update. The autoform wing on their website seems to be alot nicer. Would like see a few more shots from various angles though.