Autoform Wing question

TexasSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just installed the autoform wing and have a slight problem. The trunk lid no longer stays open due to the extra weight. Is there a different support strut that anyone has used that will support the additional weight of an aftermarket wing? Part number maybe? Thanks

latamud

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interesting. Are the ACR struts different? Maybe you just needed to replace your struts to begin with. I replaced mine a few months ago, not difficult, and they're reasonable priced.

Reaction score
Even the ACR struts will be hard pressed to hold up the AF wing, we have done one before also although I admit we have not tried them.

ACR PN# 68033127AA

klamathpro

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Will the ACR struts work on a vert? I assume you have the vert based on your avatar and color. If you have a coupe, I wouldn't change the struts because the ACR guys are having problems where the stiffer struts start breaking the ball joint from the mounting hole on the body from repeated use. The solution has been to use a weaker strut but it never stays open.

viperscott

Viper Owner
Reaction score
if you have vert - I suggest part# 68040527AA
I had exactly the same problem - aftermarket ACR wing and too havy trunk lid. Nobody was able to help me for almost a year. I asked for help once in Roanoke Dodge and they told me that they have one set of stiffer struts (some customer didn't pick them up), however they didn't even remember how did they find out what model will be good. The same lenth, way stiffer, I gave them a try and they solved problem.

sharky

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I ordered and installed a Hennessey Aero wing on my 06 Coupe. It is fairly large and I was concerened about the extra weight of the large spoiler so I ordered some heavy duty shocks from Hot car accessories. They are working fine and no cranial taps or contusions yet.

Aaron