Availability of quick connect for battery tender

Frank Barefield

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just purchased a battery tender since I normally drive the Viper on the weekends, and I don't like having to raise the hood to connect the alligator clips to the battery terminals. (Sounds lazy, huh :D ) Also I don't like keeping the hood up while it's charging, or raising the hood to disconnect. Has anyone devised a "pigtail" quick connect/disconnect that can be used without raising the hood? :D

BruceW

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some tenders come with a quick connect. Otherwise you could go to Radio Shack and get some type of male/female two pin connector and add it on to your cable.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Deltran's Battery Tender indeed comes with the quick disconnect that Bruce mentioned...and, comes with ring terminals for mounting and a cover for the disconnected end.

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I made a cig lighter plug for my Viper's battery tender. I just leave the window cracked for the wire to come out.

The lighter circuit is always hot. It has worked well for me in 3 different Vipers.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Frank, you can find Deltran Battery Tender Plus at Pep Boys, or via catalogue (Harrington, Autosport, etc.) for $54.95-$59.95 if you decide to buy one. I have HEARD that they have been found at Wal-Mart for $26.00...but I have not ever been that lucky, so I cannot confirm that point.

Johann

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I drilled a hole in the back side of the cover over the PCM and mounted a Radio Shack DC power connector. It can easily be plugged in by reaching through the side opening, no need to open the hood.

Silver98

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Installed a Schumacher near the battery connector using existing bolt. Just plug from the side vent.

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

--------------------
Michel
<font color="red">I love the way she takes her top off</font>
<font color="#666666">
My Viper Page
</font>

OP
OP
F

Frank Barefield

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks guys!!!!!!!!I think I'll go the lighter method.
Now if it's just not too much trouble to remove the lighter from the socket to plug in the tender....................... :laugh:

Hisserman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I use the Schumacher and it works fantastic. It mounts securely and easily. When I need it I just hook an extension cord through the driver's side gill and plug it into the unit's three prong plug. I got a plastic cap to fit over the three prong plug to protect it from dirt and moisture when it is not plugged in. Much better than having to have the window open to use the lighter plug. . .