Average Insurance Price????

NOTV8

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hi guys. Just wondering what is the average insurance you have for your snake. I switched from my current insurance to Hagerty since my current insurance will pay only the depreciated amount of the viper if it ever total or stollen. I called Hagerty and they will pay the full insured amount if same thing happen. I took the highest deductable to lower the payment. Premium is just a little over $1000 fro the year. Any input? Suggestions?

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This thread is worthless unless everyone posts the state in which they carry insurance (if it's not obvious under your avatar) and how many cars they are insuring under one policy. Otherwise, the numbers are meaningless. Comparing a 1 car policy in Louisiana to 3 cars in New Jersey is like apples to elephants! Half the carriers won't even underwrite a Viper in certain states.

New York, NY $1,750/annum as a second car.

Socrates

Enthusiast
Reaction score
$1,400 a year with State Farm, 25 years old without any accidents, Florida, $500.00 deductible, 100/300. I have my daily driver (H2) insured with SF as well.

OP
OP
N

NOTV8

Viper Owner
Reaction score
This thread is worthless unless everyone posts the state in which they carry insurance (if it's not obvious under your avatar) and how many cars they are insuring under one policy. Otherwise, the numbers are meaningless. Comparing a 1 car policy in Louisiana to 3 cars in New Jersey is like apples to elephants! Half the carriers won't even underwrite a Viper in certain states.

New York, NY $1,750/annum as a second car.

I'm located in central New Jersey and I thought that I have a high quote. Point taken, will put location on avatar. How about picture of the car? How can I do that?

CHAD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine's 3-4k. But I live in the mega-metropolis of Sarasota.

Actually, I just can't limit my miles. It's a street car!

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WOW!! :eek: Some of you pay a ton of money for insurance. My premium is $520.00/year with American Family. Granted I put storage insurance on it during the winter months but it is still very reasonable.

Socrates

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WOW!! :eek: Some of you pay a ton of money for insurance. My premium is $520.00/year with American Family. Granted I put storage insurance on it during the winter months but it is still very reasonable.

Hey, we have to dodge more than cows down here. ;) Lots of Blue Hairs, tourists, people lacking insurance, etc.

tarfungo

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I’m confused :confused: :confused: :confused:

How do you all compare insurance rates without specifying limits? – I.e., collision, comprehensive, uninsured motorist, etc…

It seems all of these numbers quoted here are meaningless unless you all are buying bottom feeder limits. Stating monthly payments and deductibles is only part of the equation. Am I missing something here in this thread?