Award Winning Parts

Henry Cone

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought that some of you might like to know that PVO has won awards for some of the parts used on our new SRT/10's. While this might not mean much to some of you to the technically oriented out there I thought that this might be of interest.

The Society of Plastics Engineers awarded DaimlerChrysler their Chassis/Hardware/Assembly Award for its use of a compression-molded, carbon-fiber/SMC composite fender-support system for the 2003 Dodge Viper. This is the first significant use of carbon-fiber reinforced SMC in a production vehicle. Among the various advantages of this is a weight savings of 40 lbs.

They also awarded their Materials Award for a unique hybrid composite using carbon-fiber and glass-fiber in an SMC matrix for the SRT/10 door hinge. This design reduces door sag, increases door stiffness, and reduces weight by 6 lbs...

I believe that PVO has previously won an award for the cowl structure for the SRT/10. The entire cowl structure, running from outer frame rail to outer frame rail and supporting the dashboard assembly, windshield, etc is a single magnesium casting. I understand that is it the largest magnesium casting in production...

Congratulations PVO for putting some real innovative engineering behind our beautiful SRT/10's

Henry

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang