Back in action

viper067

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got the RT/10 "Scarlett" back from the shop today after my little mishap. Runs great, looks fine .... of course they are calling for snow tomorrow :-( At least I got to put a few miles on it tonight and get to look forward to my list of upcoming tweaks
Tom's Big Brakes
Door Poppers
Haven't really come up with anything else yet

Have a great winter

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Glad to hear you are back in action, hopefully we won't get enough snow that they start salting the roads. :drive:

viper67wife

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Glad to hear you are back in action, hopefully we won't get enough snow that they start salting the roads. :drive:

We picked up the car at 5 PM last night, started snowing at 8 AM this morning. The good news is that we got it home before the snow started (the new hardtop isn't on it yet...)

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We picked up the car at 5 PM last night, started snowing at 8 AM this morning. The good news is that we got it home before the snow started (the new hardtop isn't on it yet...)

Glad you made it back safely, started snowing here about 09:00, guess I can call the insurance co on Monday and drop my liability. I am expecting my latest acquisition either late next week or early the following week. Still in time for Christmas but too late to try it out:(

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Calling for ice here tonight, so salt is inevitable......I would tell you, but you won't like it and probably never talk to me again.

Last edited:

Brian GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have no idea what Carmen has up his sleeve and I don't know him well enough to have an idea what it might be, but based on his reply I'm going to venture a guess.............SSG ACR? Come on Carmen, dish.

Holy smokes...you may be right. This is as bad as waiting for the VOI 11 announcement. C'mon Carmen...you can't leave us hanging! :dunno:

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry to mislead you, I can see where you would have thought I was getting an SSG, but I wouldn't do that....I just know Brian likes red and white. Big Jag, I promise no Red Stripes ;)

Brian GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hail to red and white! 1 of 50! VOI car! Need I say more? Seriously, whatever makes you happy. Just let us know. :eater:

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hail to red and white! 1 of 50! VOI car! Need I say more? Seriously, whatever makes you happy. Just let us know. :eater:

Unfortunately I don't have the cash flow to stockpile all the cars I love, so I have to settle for one at a time.....I wish I knew what makes me happy, hopefully I am moving closer:omg:

Brian GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I do want to hear more clues about this "latest acquisition" :hmmm: I'll stop hounding you now but how dare you!

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The reason I don't say anything is because so far everybody I know says I am crazy, so I figure why have more people pile on:(

But if you must know, my beloved red / white is leaving tomorrow and being replaced with a 2008 all black....so let the pile up begin

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Lee, you never know if you are making the right decisions, but I figure as long as I have a Viper in the garage Life Is Good. :headbang:

Brian GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats Carmen!!! The only pile up to start is the list of mods your going to make! :D Where did you find her? Do you have plans to stripe her, or maintain the "phantom" look? Does it have 5-spokes or "H"? 6-speed or automatic? :D

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats Carmen!!! The only pile up to start is the list of mods your going to make! :D Where did you find her? Do you have plans to stripe her, or maintain the "phantom" look? Does it have 5-spokes or "H"? 6-speed or automatic? :D

I got it from Woodhouse...I keep checking back with them hoping to get one of your trade ins:D, I plan to put graphite stripes on it, just not sure of the time frame, since I have not seen the car yet and do not have any idea of the condition of the paint, (2600 miles on car), it has "H" wheels:disappointed:, and it is a 3 speed on the column

Brian GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"3 speed on the column"...:lmao:

Worst case you can give her a little buff. I had to perform some light buffing on my black stripes to remove some swirls.

I think the "H"'s will look good on black. I like the "H" rims with the exception of the maintenance factor...not quite as easy to clean. If you don't like them, I'm sure you can pickup a set of 5 spokes somewhere.

Please post pics when she arrives!!!

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"3 speed on the column"...:lmao:

Worst case you can give her a little buff. I had to perform some light buffing on my black stripes to remove some swirls.

I think the "H"'s will look good on black. I like the "H" rims with the exception of the maintenance factor...not quite as easy to clean. If you don't like them, I'm sure you can pickup a set of 5 spokes somewhere.

Please post pics when she arrives!!!

Did you have to wait to do the buffing or was the paint hard enough to do right away

Brian GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I waited better than a month for it to harden...probably more like 2 months before I actually got to it. You probably know this but a hand held fluorescent light will make it easy to see blems. That's what I used to comb over my stripes. I hope she's in good shape already to save you the trouble.

When you get the stripes done, if you have a couple extra bucks on hand, have them re-clear the striped panels...makes it real nice.