Back to the Stripes Question on RT

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looking for opinions on whether black stripes look good on red RT with soft top.

Also, if anyone has pictures of an RT with stripes without a hardtop for comparison.

Thanks.:2tu:

Last edited:
OP
OP
V

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Black Stripes on RED RT with Soft Top???

So, debating with my wife about stripes on my RT. I do not have the hardtop and she thinks the stripes only look good if it includes the HT. I showed her a few shots of one red RT with black stripes with the rag top on and she thought it looked good.

Looking for opinions here...I know its a matter of taste, but would like members' opinions.

It would be helpful if anyone has an RT with stripes without a hardtop so I could see other cars for comparison.

Thanks.

Sweet Ride

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I say stripe it. I've got black stripes but it's a GTS. If you do 'em, I would say include the stripes on the hardtop or it will look incomplete.

SNKEBIT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Black Stripes on RED RT with Soft Top???

So, debating with my wife about stripes on my RT. I do not have the hardtop and she thinks the stripes only look good if it includes the HT. I showed her a few shots of one red RT with black stripes with the rag top on and she thought it looked good.

Looking for opinions here...I know its a matter of taste, but would like members' opinions.

It would be helpful if anyone has an RT with stripes without a hardtop so I could see other cars for comparison.

Thanks.

Had black stripes on my car for 2 years. I liked them alot. There might be some pics in my gallery.:2tu:

Rollin4

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had pearl white stripes painted on my Red 94 two years ago.... wish I did it sooner. It will definitely make your RT look different and much better. I have had nothing but compliments about the stripes.

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
dark metallic grey or silver would look great too with the red!

STRIPE IT! the top too while you're at it, I agree with that for sure.

Inexpensive mod with a big impact, like you have a different Viper, and you can reverse it if you do vinyl.

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Aren't you the guy that posted sometime ago that your wife said something like that's the top it came with you you better like it ???? if so....you better let your wife make the decision for you...

OP
OP
V

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for all the feedback....and, yes Frank, that was me...my wife said this is the car you picked so live with it.

This car, in hindsight, didn't come with the hardtop...maybe I should have waited and bought one with two tops. Oh well, was determined to find the cleanest, lowest mileage RT I could find within my budget - $36k...obviously, before the economy crash.

The key with stripes, for me, is that I ONLY have the soft top. With the soft top being black, the black stripes look pretty good, but need to see some pictures with a soft top.

Yes, I too think stripes look great on a GTS....more of personal taste with an RT.

Thanks again. Hope someone has pics of red RT with soft top on and black stripes....asking alot?

OP
OP
V

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Last edited:

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
If you had a hard top I would say go with white, but with the black top only , black should be your choice ----look good with the toupe on or off.

We did 3 SRT10 verts with black stripes and it looks great, as the top goes with the stripe color and you don't appear to have as much going on.

Good luck and enjoy.

SNKEBIT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

jasontiff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I say do it. I don't like stripes on the Gen. Is because there is nothing to break them up on the hood, but on a Gen. II RT with a soft top I think the black would look really nice. Normally I don't like stripes on an RT (subjective, I know) but with a Mopar or Autoform spoiler I think it's badass. You'll just need some black wheels to finish it out ;)

OP
OP
V

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay, Jason, this might actually be your (previous) car....it does show how the red RT/10 goes with black stripes providing the car has a (black) soft top:

You must be registered for see images attach

Obviously subjective, but I do think it looks pretty good!

OP
OP
V

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Hemihead for the offer. I think, for at least the foreseeable future, the soft top is what I will have. Young kids and a house put "extra" parts for the Viper way down the priority list. Maintenance items are the only thing it gets these days.

Nice boat, by the way. We bought a Bayliner 245 last summer, didn't get to use it much this summer due to all the rain and just lousey weather.

tim bob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i would have to say keep the rtthe way it is. i am not into stripes i think it takes away from the awesome look.

SNKEBIT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay, Jason, this might actually be your (previous) car....it does show how the red RT/10 goes with black stripes providing the car has a (black) soft top:

Obviously subjective, but I do think it looks pretty good!

MY CAR!!!! Before I painted it green.:2tu:

OP
OP
V

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's funny, just noticed the license plate on all three pics is the same....dah!!

So, for now, looking to do the stripes with vinyl tape...that way, if I am not crazy about it after a short time, I can remove them. If I do like it after some time, I might have them painted and possibly use a very dark graphite color rather than straight black.

Thanks all.

OP
OP
V

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Still looking to see if anyone else has/or knows of pictures of a red RT/10 with soft top and black stripes.

Thanks.

OP
OP
V

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Had a thought....is anyone good with Photoshop so they might want to take a shot at adding stripes to a few shots of my car?:eater:

8AV8

VCA Member
Reaction score
Stripes look good if you have a hard top, this car still turns a lot of heads.

OP
OP
V

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agreed...certainly on yours - black/silver stripes - very nice color combination.

But, here's the deal:

- I have a red RT
- Soft top only - little chance of getting hardtop in my lifetime
- Looking at black stripes to accent the black soft top.

That is the reason I wanted someone to use Photoshop on pics of my car to help me decide. Its a fair amount of work and I would like to see a few shots of the car with the soft top and the black stripes. I will say, I tried to add stripes and it totally did not work...not even close. But I do know there are a couple of members on here that are really good with Photoshop...its just whether they have the time and are in the mood.

Thanks