Backfiring and popping; what now???

EllowViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've had similar problems since my install. Never did get it to M2 in Orlando for a dyno tune, but I'm pulling all plugs tonight, checking the new wires, and maybe pull the injectors/blower just in case I messed something up. Sean Roe suspects a vacumm leak somewhere (bypass diaphram) so I'll check those options too. I'm not throwing any codes, but I'm only using 02 sensors in the single header pipe on each side so maybe I'm not really getting good or complete 02 readings on each side.

OP
OP
GTSnake

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm starting to suspect a vacuum leak as well. It runs rough under vacuum but smooths out at higher rpms and positive pressure.

I really don't want to pull the whole blower apart AGAIN. It's probably going to sit until the turbos go in.

Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know I'm probably preaching to the wrong choir here, but after a bunch of 'experiences' I'm all about naturally aspirated now... It seems that anytime you throw a blower or turbo(s) into the works, there are going to be all kinds of gremlins hiding in the background that you'll always have to keep in the back of your mind. I love the instant kick (and lots of HP/$) that forced induction provides, but in the long term I'm starting to think that the biggest return on the investment is the fun in getting it installed and dialing it in initially. After the honeymoon phase is over, there's not a whole lot left. Call me old and, what's the word...jaded?

OP
OP
GTSnake

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Of course the more complexity you add to your car the more things can happen. But the way I look at it it's not my daily driver so it's a hobby car. What fun is it to keep it stock. That's why I got a Viper so I can modify and customize it. Plus the V10 is such a great platform if you just breath on it a little it grows muscles. Ricers will spend thousands of dollars for maybe what 10hp?

Bolt

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Of course the more complexity you add to your car the more things can happen. But the way I look at it it's not my daily driver so it's a hobby car. What fun is it to keep it stock. That's why I got a Viper so I can modify and customize it. Plus the V10 is such a great platform if you just breath on it a little it grows muscles. Ricers will spend thousands of dollars for maybe what 10hp?

Ha:rolaugh: ,Ha:rolaugh: Ha, I love this guy!

Grow muscles, Ricers spend thousands, How right he is:lmao: