Backspacing/Offset Question :)

ViperCobra

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey guys, just want to ask if the wheels backspacing/offset of the older Vipers is the same with the 03-06 Vipers? Trying to buy an aftermarket wheels from I think 96-98 GT, wanna make sure they fit perfectly. Also, if anyone knows about the offsets of the wheels of the 96-98 and the 03-06 Vipers please share it to me. Thanks :)

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Offsets are the same, but brake calipers are not. As a general rule, wheels built for a Gen 3+ brake clearance will fit on all years Viper. But, wheels built with the tiny brake caliper clearance of the Gen 1 and 2 may not fit on a Gen 3/4.

Be sure to measure the wheels for adequate brake caliper clearance - the area between the backside of the spokes and the face of the caliper.

OP
OP
V

ViperCobra

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Offsets are the same, but brake calipers are not. As a general rule, wheels built for a Gen 3+ brake clearance will fit on all years Viper. But, wheels built with the tiny brake caliper clearance of the Gen 1 and 2 may not fit on a Gen 3/4.

Be sure to measure the wheels for adequate brake caliper clearance - the area between the backside of the spokes and the face of the caliper.

Thank you NineBall :). I have a spacer 3/8" fronts and 3/4" rear adapters, the reason I have them is because I want my 5 spoke stock wheels flush out or line up with the fenders. So, If I buy the aftermarket wheels coming from an older Viper... do you think will the aftermarket wheels be at about the same spot like what I have now (flushed out close to the fenders) with the stock 5 spoke wheels? Also, the aftermarket wheel sizes are 19 x 10" with 285/30/19 tires and 20 x 13" with 345/25/20 tires, my other concern on the front is my car is lowered with eibachs with caps and the front tires are really close to the fender about 1/2" gap only ... will the front aftermarket wheels and tires fit with my car being lowered? Thank you in advance :)
Here's how my car sits:
You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't answer that question without knowing what offsets were used to build the wheels. Most aftermarket wheels are built flush to the fenders, but that depends on who orders them. Chances are, if you've seen pics of the wheels in question on a Gen 1/2, the fitment will look similar on your car.

OP
OP
V

ViperCobra

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I can't answer that question without knowing what offsets were used to build the wheels. Most aftermarket wheels are built flush to the fenders, but that depends on who orders them. Chances are, if you've seen pics of the wheels in question on a Gen 1/2, the fitment will look similar on your car.

Thanks again NineBall :) Yes, I have seen the pics of the aftermarket wheels on the older Viper but they looked tucked in and not lining up on the fender :( that would mean that they will also be tucked in on my Viper :( ....