Bad Buying Experience - Wayne Dodge (NJ)

dsg03svt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I tried purchasing a 2006 black coupe from this dealership over the past couple of days. I've been back and forth with the sales manager, Mike Defalco, since around Saturday. It started out with trying to get information on the car which was like pulling teeth. He had crappy pics on Autotrader so I asked for some high-res pictures. I ended up getting 4 camera phone quality pics. Thanks Mike. Either way the deal was good and I knew it wouldn't last long, so I asked Mike on Sunday if I needed to put down a deposit to be assured it wouldn't be sold out from under me. No response was given either way on the question, which didn't mean much to me at the time since I figured if it checked out on Monday i'd purchase then and Mike was aware of my intentions.

Anyways, so I actually used my money to send a fellow VCA member to see the car in person, since I'm in San Antonio and the car is in Jersey. VCA member checks the car out, and even tests drives it on Monday and the car is in decent shape, decent enough for me. At no time did Mike nor anyone else tell the VCA member the car was sold. I tell Mike my intentions to move forward with the sale and that I've already secured financing but would be open to use his if he could get a better rate. I wait to hear on that matter all day yesterday and finally get a response back this morning saying he couldn't do a better rate so that I should setup my financing.

So I do that. I spend all morning getting the docs ready with my bank and then I call Mike about 30 minutes ago and he said that the car was sold on SUNDAY!! It was sold "at an auction by another sales member, and he wasn't aware of it"...

Then I check the email he sent me about an hour ago and he put in there he thought it was going to be "to much work" to sell the car out-of-state and they had found a local buyer. So now his story doesn't add up, as I figured he was lying over the phone, anyways.

So now it's back to the drawing board. I just thought I should share this information with fellow VCA members in case they are thinking about dealing with Wayne Dodge, more specifically Mike Defalco, and mostly to vent.

All in all, i'm the kind of guy that agrees with the saying this must not have been meant to be. I'm sure a deal will come around that will meet or exceed the one I was getting.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Karma Indeed..... you were meant to have a better / different Viper....and I hope you get one SOON.

Buhler Dodge 732 544 5515
Ringgold Dodge 706 935 2328
Roanoke Dodge 800 541 6858
Tomball Dodge 281 851 9140
Woodhouse Dodge 800-889-1893

ONE of these VCA sponsors shud have your Viper. (Tomball is TX)

Last edited:

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
they are **** and have always been ****. i got screwed by them in 87.

i think ozzie khubani still owns it. same guy as wayne ford on rt46 in wayne....

im pretty local, if you need help, let me know

Last edited:

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I cant speak for Dodge Dealers but over here in the UK I have had nothing but bad experiences with almost every car dealer I have ever dealt with :mad: Nothing but lies the whole time. That's why I bought my Viper privately through the classifieds on here.

A year before I almost bought a 1999 GTS from a UK American car Dealer / importer, turned out the car had been issued a Salvage title and a Cert of Destruction. The car had been imported to the UK as spares then patched up and attempted to sell it on to an unsuspecting buyer .... ME! Thanks to CarFax and Tators Dodge we managed to uncover the truth!

OP
OP
D

dsg03svt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jon,

I'm actually considering one at Buhler, among a couple others. I'll let everyone know how that turns out.

Thanks for the responses.

-Kyle

OP
OP
D

dsg03svt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I cant speak for Dodge Dealers but over here in the UK I have had nothing but bad experiences with almost every car dealer I have ever dealt with :mad: Nothing but lies the whole time. That's why I bought my Viper privately through the classifieds on here.

A year before I almost bought a 1999 GTS from a UK American car Dealer / importer, turned out the car had been issued a Salvage title and a Cert of Destruction. The car had been imported to the UK as spares then patched up and attempted to sell it on to an unsuspecting buyer .... ME! Thanks to CarFax and Tators Dodge we managed to uncover the truth!

Ouch. Glad you didn't get stuck with that car. Hope you are enjoying the viper you own now!

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Jon,
I'm actually considering one at Buhler, among a couple others. I'll let everyone know how that turns out.
Thanks for the responses.
-Kyle

Kyle,We can make it turn out BETTER if you get us involved now! I recently helped a military guy here get a great deal and personal service at Buhler. I got my 1992 from Buhler. If I can help, do call me. Ill rustle up JOE HOUSS for you, no charge, who is 15-mins away from Buhler, {and knows a thing or two about Vipers!}

Last edited:

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
they are **** and have always been ****. i got screwed by them in 87.

i think ozzie khubani still owns it. same guy as wayne ford on rt46 in wayne....

im pretty local, if you need help, let me know

Plum,

I did business with him when I worked for Chrysler, he is a nit wit. I thought I saw where he was one of the 789 dealers Chrysler terminated.

Did you know his dad is the "as seen on TV" gadget peddler guy? Every time Ozzie ran the store out of $$'s his dad had to bail himout!

OP
OP
D

dsg03svt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
DSG03SVT, this is the **** that often happens when you focus on trying to chase cheap cars.

http://forums.viperclub.org/srt10-s...ny-low-mileage-10k-srts-out-there-33-35k.html

To be quite honest with you, this wasn't a cheap car. It was around $40k... No lack of service is to be expected when buying a 40k used supercar, regardless of whether or not that's "cheap" for the brand of vehicle being purchased.

Either way, I've said what I've had to say in that thread so I won't beat a dead horse.

OP
OP
D

dsg03svt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Plum,

I did business with him when I worked for Chrysler, he is a nit wit. I thought I saw where he was one of the 789 dealers Chrysler terminated.

Did you know his dad is the "as seen on TV" gadget peddler guy? Every time Ozzie ran the store out of $$'s his dad had to bail himout!

They were terminated by Chrysler. They are now used cars only...

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I tried purchasing a 2006 black coupe from this dealership over the past couple of days. I've been back and forth with the sales manager, Mike Defalco, since around Saturday. It started out with trying to get information on the car which was like pulling teeth. He had crappy pics on Autotrader so I asked for some high-res pictures. I ended up getting 4 camera phone quality pics. Thanks Mike. Either way the deal was good and I knew it wouldn't last long, so I asked Mike on Sunday if I needed to put down a deposit to be assured it wouldn't be sold out from under me. No response was given either way on the question, which didn't mean much to me at the time since I figured if it checked out on Monday i'd purchase then and Mike was aware of my intentions.

Anyways, so I actually used my money to send a fellow VCA member to see the car in person, since I'm in San Antonio and the car is in Jersey. VCA member checks the car out, and even tests drives it on Monday and the car is in decent shape, decent enough for me. At no time did Mike nor anyone else tell the VCA member the car was sold. I tell Mike my intentions to move forward with the sale and that I've already secured financing but would be open to use his if he could get a better rate. I wait to hear on that matter all day yesterday and finally get a response back this morning saying he couldn't do a better rate so that I should setup my financing.

So I do that. I spend all morning getting the docs ready with my bank and then I call Mike about 30 minutes ago and he said that the car was sold on SUNDAY!! It was sold "at an auction by another sales member, and he wasn't aware of it"...

Then I check the email he sent me about an hour ago and he put in there he thought it was going to be "to much work" to sell the car out-of-state and they had found a local buyer. So now his story doesn't add up, as I figured he was lying over the phone, anyways.

So now it's back to the drawing board. I just thought I should share this information with fellow VCA members in case they are thinking about dealing with Wayne Dodge, more specifically Mike Defalco, and mostly to vent.

All in all, i'm the kind of guy that agrees with the saying this must not have been meant to be. I'm sure a deal will come around that will meet or exceed the one I was getting.
Iam a witness to the above and the entire transaction went down EXACTLY as the person who started this thread said.The people at WAYNE DODGE should be ashamed of themselves .Kyle you should drop them a phone call and inform them of this thread =they should know the entire VCA is on to them.

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kyle,We can make it turn out BETTER if you get us involved now! I recently helped a military guy here get a great deal and personal service at Buhler. I got my 1992 from Buhler. If I can help, do call me. Ill rustle up JOE HOUSS for you, no charge, who is 15-mins away from Buhler, {and knows a thing or two about Vipers!}

And Jon helped me save an extra decent amount of money off of my already agreed to and negotiated price from Warnock Dodge.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
At this point in time Buhler has no Gen 3s available.The Gen 3s they do have available are customer consignment cars and not in the price range.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ya can't beat bill pemberton at woodhouse dodge. The absolute best car buying experience I've ever had. If I were ever crazy enoug to buy another dodge, it would be from them again.

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
At your service! Ready and waiting! I'm minutes from Buhler and always enjoy visiting their Viper Pit! Great People!!!!!

whitebluevipe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ya can't beat bill pemberton at woodhouse dodge. The absolute best car buying experience I've ever had. If I were ever crazy enoug to buy another dodge, it would be from them again.

i concur. i bought a car off bill and was very happy. one dealer i would stay away from is Jenkins motors in florida.:mad:

09 Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was at Buhler last month. There once proud showroom is now a Mitsubishi showroom. They have 3 Vipers stuck way in the back of their Ford showroom. Can't be good for the brand when one of the largest Viper dealers is now a shell of its former self. They also don't have their long time Viper tech anymore. I really hope thing change around for the Viper name.

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was at Buhler last month. There once proud showroom is now a Mitsubishi showroom. They have 3 Vipers stuck way in the back of their Ford showroom. Can't be good for the brand when one of the largest Viper dealers is now a shell of its former self. They also don't have their long time Viper tech anymore. I really hope thing change around for the Viper name.

With all the shenanigans over the last year or so, can you blame him? Vipers sitting on dealers lots are a HUGE liability every single day/month they sit.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Buhler is committed more than EVER to the sale of Vipers.They just recently took on Mitsubishi and are in the process of moving showroom floorplan around to better suit all of their customers.As far as Viper Techs they have one of the best around in Kevin.

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score

Absolutely wrong!

Of course the new franchise must be creating some changes to their old Pontiac building... but their Vipers have always been spread over both facilities, and I've never visited their dealership without being shown a gorgeous Viper area. And Viper tech? Absolutely available. Just had an amazingly quick oil change a few weeks ago by an absololute pro. Kevin is the best!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang