Bad experience with the viper today...

cfiiman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
So I am new to vipers, it is my dream car always has been since I was 17 and this year I finally took the plunge. Anyway for the most part other people are really cool, they give the thumbs up, or a nice compliment or a big smile or nod you know. So today I'm driving home and these imbiciles in a Honda Pilot are tailgating me really hard like if I just touched the brake they would have smashed my rear good. They race up, tailgate back off and then raced up and pulled out at the last minute like they were on some kind of racetrack and honestly don't know how they didn't clip my bumper. This all the while in pretty much heavy traffic. Well I ripped them pretty good verbally. Anyway does this ever happen to you, I don't care if someone races their engine or flies by me fast or anything like that, but to almost hit my car goes to far in my mind :nono:

Last edited:

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
It happens. NOW they have a story to tell, and probably were trolling for You-Tube Rants anyway, and YOU delivered one. See Yourself on You-Tube tomorrow!

Be Careful

ps....you had a bad experience with the IDIOTS not your Viper!

Last edited:

musclenutz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Saturday my wife and i were just cruisin around when some young idiot and his girlfriend kept running up on my bumper. I turned into a parking lot and he went straight but as he was passing he grinned real big and waved like he was my friend or something.I just used a few choice words and let it go.Their will always be ********* but i am trying real hard to ignore it when possible.It's real hard though,ain't it? :drive:

OP
OP
C

cfiiman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yeah guess I'll have to just get used to it, guess I couldn't get away this time b/c of traffic and no where to turn right then, probably why it got to me, feeling "trapped" or something...

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hit the brakes HARD next time................. you know for the dog that all of a sudden jumped out in front of traffic. They won't ever do that again...................:2tu:

bmw2nv2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its true you will have more of these experiences. Every time I drive my car more than 5 miles I encounter an idiot like this too, but the good will more than over shadow the bad every time. Enjoy your ride man:2tu:

bmw2nv2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hit the brakes HARD next time................. you know for the dog that all of a sudden jumped out in front of traffic. They won't ever do that again...................:2tu:

I like this suggestion:2tu::headbang:. My luck though tailgater would have no insurance and my insurance would rip me a new one then drop me :(

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I like this suggestion:2tu::headbang:. My luck though tailgater would have no insurance and my insurance would rip me a new one then drop me :(

I can usually get the same effect by putting the HAZARDS on for a moment ! Much safer......same results.

PS its much WORSE in an ACR !

OP
OP
C

cfiiman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
yup, there are a few threads in here dedicated to that type of activity

Here's one
http://forums.viperclub.org/srt10-s...rs-attract-tailgaters-aggressive-drivers.html

Wow, I just read through all those posts, looks like I am not alone lol and the poll was 106 to 8 that they attract it. Normally I let this stuff go, I LOVE the fact that somebody admires the car and if it is in a respectful way I'll bend over backwards for them, but these guys were just little pricks in Daddy's new Honda SUV. I know they don't think they will cause an accident or anything but that kind of stupidity really irritated me today for some reason :dunno:

Bird325

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's an EVERY day thing when I drive my Snake and I try real hard to just ignore those behind me. It's impossible to totally ignore it, but it's not worth the aggrevation and destroying the enjoyment of driving this piece of machinery.

I get a lot of people that really appreciate the car and they show it in respectful, though somewhat attention getting ways like driving right next to you for miles. I stay in the right hand lane (which gives me some 'outs') unless I'm willing to hit the throttle and just revel in the sound and power that the car offers. That gives me the option of taking the shoulder if needed and slowing down whenever someone is staying too close to the bumper.

Had a Celica DETERMINED to make me race him the other night. Let him slow down and race off about 5 times before I decided to come up on him at about 60 in 3rd gear and just hang there. Dumb a** didn't even notice the difference in the engine tone or was foolish enough to hit the gas!:omg: I'm sure I embarrassed him to his passenger with only a 20 mph gain in speed. This isn't my normal approach, but I too have gotten tired of people that don't just accept the car for what it is and take their rightful spot in the feeding chain.:lmao:

Enjoy driving your Viper and let the others just go on by...my God, I've been passed on the highway by a Smart Car and just waved and smiled as he had a moment that he will ALWAYS remember.:2tu:

Roysviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When this happens to me....I slow down, NEVER drive faster then the speed limit and NEVER show them any thing, EVER...I act like they do not exist, won't give them the pleasure of seeing my viper go fast, haul butt, don't rev my motor, don't give them the PLEASURE of seeing or hearing the VIPER experience.....Don't slam on your brakes....it's aginst the law to do so and just your luck the idiot will surely run into your Viper and THEY are not worth all that. ALSO the fool don't realize that I am legally packing and if I felt real threatened for my life, the ******* could end up paying with his piece of worthless life...At that point I don't put NO VALUE on his life and refuse to play any further....Some of you will probly hate me for saying that but that's my PERSONAL feelings or my 2 cents worth....Happy Vipering to all my fellow VIPER OWNERS and REAL VIPER to be owners. :dunno: :mad: :nono: :nono: :nono:

Jance GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had this happen to me one night and I didn't give them the satisfaction of attempting to race. I drove the speed limit the whole time and they just stayed right next to me reviving up their engine. I turned around at the next stop light and about a minute later the same car comes flying up and riding my bumper with his lights on bright.

I'm not going to waste my gas and risk my car for some idiot in a Mitsubishi Eclipse with a fart can exhaust. Next time I will just pull over and let them pass.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
PS its much WORSE in an ACR !

I've had a Viper since 2004 of some sort so pretty used to the attention (don't even notice it really anymore) but I tell you in the ACR it is crazy.
Even total non car people can't help but gawk and wonder what the hell is that? It's a rolling freak show.
I'm actually much more aware of people around me because I am leery of them veering into me taking a cell phone pic...and that's no joke.

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As the others have said, yes, this happens occasionally! As with anything else that is nice (and unusual), there are those who are jealous and just can't stand someone else having something like a Viper. Honestly, in all the years I had a Vette, I never had that happen...but then, Vipers are different.

Rather than rant, which at times can make things worse, I ignore them. In your case, which I have experienced more or less a couple of times, I choose to move to a different lane (if possible) and drive normally.

That said, clearly there are times you just can't avoid it and hope for the best. :(

viperdrummer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hitting the brakes HARD will give you an even chance of spending the next hour or 2 with the ***** in person and a cop taking down the accident information. Not to mention you will have a wrecked viper and the ***** will have a wrecked Civic that he was trying to get insurance $$ for anyway.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When this happens to me....I slow down, NEVER drive faster then the speed limit and NEVER show them any thing, EVER...I act like they do not exist, won't give them the pleasure of seeing my viper go fast, haul butt, don't rev my motor, don't give them the PLEASURE of seeing or hearing the VIPER experience.....Don't slam on your brakes....it's aginst the law to do so and just your luck the idiot will surely run into your Viper and THEY are not worth all that. ALSO the fool don't realize that I am legally packing and if I felt real threatened for my life, the ******* could end up paying with his piece of worthless life...At that point I don't put NO VALUE on his life and refuse to play any further....Some of you will probly hate me for saying that but that's my PERSONAL feelings or my 2 cents worth....Happy Vipering to all my fellow VIPER OWNERS and REAL VIPER to be owners. :dunno: :mad: :nono: :nono: :nono:

Right on target Roy :2tu:

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would have tried to exit traffic or pull over on the shoulder and let them pass. Thier is no sense in getting in an accident over this.

Bruce

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hitting the brakes HARD will give you an even chance of spending the next hour or 2 with the ***** in person and a cop taking down the accident information. Not to mention you will have a wrecked viper and the ***** will have a wrecked Civic that he was trying to get insurance $$ for anyway.

True, and my response might have been a bit hasty, but I have been there. I have hit the brakes hard when someone was on my butt, but only for a split second, just enough to give the tail-gaiter a heart attack. :D

Bandit3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hit the brakes hard for the "dog" and then when you exit your car state "don't call a doctor, call my LAWYER! :D JOKING OF COURSE, JUST SLOW DOWN TILL THEY PASS

Last edited:

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ps....you had a bad experience with the IDIOTS not your Viper!
Well said.

I usually give a wave and carry on. Never had anything extreeme like you are saying though. Another thing that happens quite a bit is they will pull up to you and start talking to you while your driving. Just yesterday I had a guy in one of those trucks with the wheels bigger than the truck pull up beside me. His passanger yells "get on it" and I say back No. Then he says, "why not", with a little whine in his voice. Luck for me they turned off then cuz I could see that one going south.

Flying Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
if You Drive Fast Enough, They Cant Keep Up. Thats My Theory

Bad Advise.

when This Happens To Me....i Slow Down, Never Drive Faster Then The Speed Limit And Never Show Them Any Thing, Ever...i Act Like They Do Not Exist, Won't Give Them The Pleasure Of Seeing My Viper Go Fast, Haul Butt, Don't Rev My Motor, Don't Give Them The Pleasure Of Seeing Or Hearing The Viper Experience.....don't Slam On Your Brakes....it's Aginst The Law To Do So And Just Your Luck The Idiot Will Surely Run Into Your Viper And They Are Not Worth All That. Also The Fool Don't Realize That I Am Legally Packing And If I Felt Real Threatened For My Life, The ******* Could End Up Paying With His Piece Of Worthless Life...at That Point I Don't Put No Value On His Life And Refuse To Play Any Further....some Of You Will Probly Hate Me For Saying That But That's My Personal Feelings Or My 2 Cents Worth....happy Vipering To All My Fellow Viper Owners And Real Viper To Be Owners. :dunno: :mad: :nono: :nono: :nono:

Good Advise

i Had This Happen To Me One Night And I Didn't Give Them The Satisfaction Of Attempting To Race. I Drove The Speed Limit The Whole Time And They Just Stayed Right Next To Me Reviving Up Their Engine. I Turned Around At The Next Stop Light And About A Minute Later The Same Car Comes Flying Up And Riding My Bumper With His Lights On Bright.

I'm Not Going To Waste My Gas And Risk My Car For Some Idiot In A Mitsubishi Eclipse With A Fart Can Exhaust. Next Time I Will Just Pull Over And Let Them Pass.

Good Advise

wikkid

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Have never had this happen to me, i do get a lot of stares and comments on the car. I had no idea when i bought it, just how few there are. All summer long, ive seen only one on the road. Im always on the lookout for a Viper wave.

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Come to think of it, not long ago on the way back from Chuck's place, some **** in a Mini (not a real Mini, the one BMW makes now) pulled up next to me on the highway and then proceded to cut me off as he squeezed in between the front of my car and the back of the car in front of him. I eventually caught up to him, didn't chase him, just the traffic caught him...looked at him and thought, he deserves to be in a Mini....ha, wimp!:D

Moral of the story - watch what goes on around you, including who's in back of you....that way you are prepared best you can for anything unexpected.:headbang:

scottmarston

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I couldn’t help but chime in. There has been many an incident where some ****** wants to race me in his cheesy little Honda Civic with an exhaust that sounds like someone farting in a can. I don’t even give these guys the satisfaction of a glance. I just crack a **** eating grin, shake my head and blow them off. :smirk: Sure it’s cocky, but I’m not going to get impounded over some 22 year old’s project car covered in reflector tape and bondo.
One obsession I do have to share is my undying loathsome disgust towards new mustangs. :brick: Sorry if anybody feels offended, but the new mustang is EVERYWHERE and it seems like everybody that owns one thinks they’ve got something pretty special. In my opinion, they are an eye sore, much like the Boise State Broncos. Could you pair two uglier colors together? Who has two thumbs and will eventually get in a heap of trouble racing mustangs on the freeway…this guy. :2tu: I’ve toasted my fair share of them. In my experience, they only get to about 80 before losing their ********.
By the way, this is bad advice and don’t listen to me. :nono: