Bad FM radio reception

2001 Sapphire Blue

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I live about 60 miles from KC and can't get the stations without a lot of static. My daily driver has no problem. I took it to my stereo guy and he put in a FM power booster...didn't help. He said it's because of the antennae being in the windshield. Anybody have the same problem? What suggestions do you guys have? :confused:

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is an amplifier between the windshield antenna and the radio. At least there is on my 94.

It's possible that an aftermarket radio guy might not reconnect the power wire that feeds the amp. If the amp wasn't connected, you wouldn't get any signal even with a booster amp.

Of course, my amp is connected properly but I still get poor FM and no AM at all.
I do live in a bad radio area, they are far away, but all my other cars have no problem.

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I turn on the radio every once in a while to see if it works.Why would you listen to it if you can listen to the car itself singing. Bruce

OP
OP

2001 Sapphire Blue

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is an amplifier between the windshield antenna and the radio. At least there is on my 94.

It's possible that an aftermarket radio guy might not reconnect the power wire that feeds the amp. If the amp wasn't connected, you wouldn't get any signal even with a booster amp.

Of course, my amp is connected properly but I still get poor FM and no AM at all.
I do live in a bad radio area, they are far away, but all my other cars have no problem.
Joe, thanks for the only serious reply!!I knew I'd get some off the wall answers from the peanut gallery!! :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VinhyVegas