Bad Viper Wreck In Front Of BonJovis House In NJ

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Navasink River Road in Middletown NJ is one of the most affluent pieces of land in the country .It also is an EXTREMELY DANGERIOUS road to speed on.A buddy of mine whose a cop over there told me a black with silver stripe Viper crashed badly directly in front of Bon Jovis house an hour ago .Details to follow.

SLViper

Viper Owner
Reaction score

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh man this is not good news. Not good at all. Praying for the best.
You must be registered for see images attach

--RS

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Navasink River Road in Middletown NJ is one of the most affluent pieces of land in the country .It also is an EXTREMELY DANGERIOUS road to speed on.A buddy of mine whose a cop over there told me a black with silver stripe Viper crashed badly directly in front of Bon Jovis house an hour ago .Details to follow.

Considering it says it was an 01 in the article I am guessing it was one of my Sapphire/Silver brethren. Sapphire can look like black if it is not bright out. Very sad, I will say prayers for the driver and his family.

OP
OP

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Considering it says it was an 01 in the article I am guessing it was one of my Sapphire/Silver brethren. Sapphire can look like black if it is not bright out. Very sad, I will say prayers for the driver and his family.
Guys as i said previously this is a terrible road (BLIND CORNERS EVERYWHERE )To compound the issue is the fact that its bascally billionares row(Roger Penske ,Maury Povich ;John BonJovi ,Heraldo Rivera all live or have lived there )so the gawkers looking at the 15 plus million dollars homes literally add to the obstructions

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The only reason why the post got me immediately worried, was for two reasons.

As posted before, black can be similar to Sapphire Blue given the conditions. Jon has had Vipers before. That 00' Black GTS, an 01' Sapphire Blue/Silver GTS, and currently, a 13' Stryker Red GTS.

The other reason was, Joe Houss has/had a black/silver GTS. I haven't heard from Joe in a while though.

It's still a shame, I hope Frank is ok and resting. You can always replace a car, not a life. Still curious what caused the wreck.

--RS

OP
OP

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Joe(Houss )and i are very close(we speak weekly ) it definately was not him involved here .

OP
OP

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, tell Joe Ron (Viper GTS-R) said whats up! Would like to hear from him!

I have to--RS
I will, iam trying to facilitate a mag test of a Gen 5 at Englishtown this summer (inturn I may have to go to Brooklyn and drag Houss there to get him to come)Totally different senerio with testing today than years ago .The mag guys are rarely in NJ now (headquarters moved to Tampa Florida )not to mention its going to be tough to get a Gen 5 there with a private owner whose willing to let them run a150k car HARD (None of the old time VCA guys I came into the club with in the early 90s are getting 5s because of the purchase price.)If you know of anybody willing I can definitely get it run next month (E-TOWN )

OP
OP

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
PS even if we have to go the wend night test and tune senerio roll bar will not be an issue

OP
OP

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any news on who the driver was in this wreck then? what happened to the car? was it front impact or rear?
Riverview Hospital(Red Bank )l is literally 10 minutes from the crash site however they took him to Jersey Shore (Neptune )which is 25 plus minutes away .Jersey Shore is home to the trama unit which would indicate a signifigant injury.

tbsviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did not see more information on cause or drivers condition. The driver is an executive officer of a commercial real estate company and well known in the community.

OP
OP

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did not see more information on cause or drivers condition. The driver is an executive officer of a commercial real estate company and well known in the community.[/QUOTE The road where this occurred has so many blind spots many of the driveways have large mirrors mounted to telephone polls. Viper wise very very few in that portion of Monmouth County remain Ferraris and high end Porches are definitely the car of choice these days over there

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will, iam trying to facilitate a mag test of a Gen 5 at Englishtown this summer (inturn I may have to go to Brooklyn and drag Houss there to get him to come)Totally different senerio with testing today than years ago .The mag guys are rarely in NJ now (headquarters moved to Tampa Florida )not to mention its going to be tough to get a Gen 5 there with a private owner whose willing to let them run a150k car HARD (None of the old time VCA guys I came into the club with in the early 90s are getting 5s because of the purchase price.)If you know of anybody willing I can definitely get it run next month (E-TOWN )

PS even if we have to go the wend night test and tune senerio roll bar will not be an issue

Damn, I don't know anyone getting a gen V, but I know of dealers getting 2nd wave allocations. At least from what I've been told.

I miss the old days when we used go to Red Bank on a Friday night and then run the Rendezvous with Mopar Nationals Saturday morning. I haven't raced at the track since 09'. Been to a few events here and there but it's a shame they cut Friday nights and jacked up the prices. I will be going to Summernationals on Saturday, a friend of mine is coming up with Erica Enders race team and is bringing me a piece of the #93 Oreca GTS-R.

Let me know if you or Evan have anything planned. I'll come down.

--RS

OP
OP

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Damn, I don't know anyone getting a gen V, but I know of dealers getting 2nd wave allocations. At least from what I've been told.

I miss the old days when we used go to Red Bank on a Friday night and then run the Rendezvous with Mopar Nationals Saturday morning. I haven't raced at the track since 09'. Been to a few events here and there but it's a shame they cut Friday nights and jacked up the prices. I will be going to Summernationals on Saturday, a friend of mine is coming up with Erica Enders race team and is bringing me a piece of the #93 Oreca GTS-R.

Let me know if you or Evan have anything planned. I'll come down.

--RS
I loved RED BANK they stopped it because the merchants CLAIMED the cruisers were taking up parking spots without spending money,As I posted prev nobody I know is REMOTELY considering a 5 because of the price

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ar Tee Ten