Barrett Jackson endorsed insurance!

musclenutz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dang,i just got insurance with Barrett Jackson endorsed company and saved almost two grand a year on my two Vipers.Now i am waiting on a quote for my other two DD'S. If it is anywhere close to what i am paying,i will get that too.:drive:

ViperCollector

Viper Owner
Reaction score
They will not insure DD's, already tried it. Maximum 2,500 miles per year on collector cars - moved two myself to them, saved about $1k/year!

OP
OP
M

musclenutz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They will not insure DD's, already tried it. Maximum 2,500 miles per year on collector cars - moved two myself to them, saved about $1k/year!

That's strange because they told me they do insure regular drivers. The person 'Amy' said they are a full service company and insures collector cars,regular drivers,aircraft,boat and homes. I am waiting on the quote for my other cars,but either way,i am saving a lot just on the Vipers. I hope what she told me is correct and they do insure other cars besides collectors because progressive has been slamming me hard! :drive:

daytonprowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score

That's strange because they told me they do insure regular drivers. The person 'Amy' said they are a full service company and insures collector cars,regular drivers,aircraft,boat and homes. I am waiting on the quote for my other cars,but either way,i am saving a lot just on the Vipers. I hope what she told me is correct and they do insure other cars besides collectors because progressive has been slamming me hard! :drive:

Amy will be giving you quotes for your DD through another company. The insurance agency that Amy works for is a full service company. The Barrett Jackson endorsed is for collector cars only. Since my original thread, a lot of Viper and Prowler owners have switched. Hopefully none of us will have to ever file a claim, if you know what I mean.:)

OP
OP
M

musclenutz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Amy will be giving you quotes for your DD through another company. The insurance agency that Amy works for is a full service company. The Barrett Jackson endorsed is for collector cars only. Since my original thread, a lot of Viper and Prowler owners have switched. Hopefully none of us will have to ever file a claim, if you know what I mean.:)

Gotcha,now it makes sense.:drive:

vipergtsinnova

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So i got a quote... $248 per year for $0 deductible agreed value of $40K on a 97 GTS with 21K miles on it.

I'm suspicious. I pay $780 per year now.

I don't see anything referencing the 2,500 miles per year either... is that a clause in all contracts?

pure zen

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Daytonprowler is correct. I have my Viper and Prowler insured with B-J collector car insurance > $505 per year total for both cars. Can't be a daily driver. 2500 miles annually is open to exceptions > you can drive it a longer distance if the additional miles are to and from a car club event or car shows. There is flexible room on that issue, and they didn't even ask the current mileage on my cars when applying. Probably 50 to 100 Prowler owners have already switched over to them.

"Hopefully none of us will have to ever file a claim, if you know what I mean."

Agree! They only want the responsible drivers to keep the coverage cost low. Best coverage for the least amount I have found.

daytonprowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So i got a quote... $248 per year for $0 deductible agreed value of $40K on a 97 GTS with 21K miles on it.

I'm suspicious. I pay $780 per year now.

I don't see anything referencing the 2,500 miles per year either... is that a clause in all contracts?

It's not mentioned anywhere. They don't ask what your mileage is either. They just don't want you driving it to work everyday, etc. You do have to send them your endorsement for your daily driver. You have to carry at least $300,000 liability on your DD.

I understand, I was suspicious too. I don't think Barrett-Jackson would put their reputation on the line on a bad company. Especially a venture that is tied in with their bread and butter. The insurance company is Chartis.

I insure my '93 Viper, '01 Prowler, '07 Shelby Mustang, '86 Shelby Dodge, and '69 Barracuda "Mod Top", all for $805 annual premium.:) As long as the collection value is under $250,000 (I think) no need for appraisals. Most important it is agreed value, not stated value.

Wedge500

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I tried to switch 2 of my toys from Hagerty to them but they denied me b/c I told them the miles on the Viper are closer to 3500 miles per year than the stated 2500 miles per year.

Before they denied me they asked why the car was driven so much :lmao: and asked that I explain the usage of the car, so I told them I participate in events such as the Hot Rod Power Tour and other large car events... Thus they felt this was not the insurance for me.

Hagerty has always treated me very fairly and done everything I ever asked to help out, so I wasn't too disappointed about it.

ViperCollector

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Wedge - I'm sure you could have gotten coverage if you had explained that you drive less than 2,500 miles/year, and then called them for an exclusion when Power Tour came along. Would go a long way towards the Roe you're saving up for!

Anyone else reading this thread - I suggest you look at the link posted above about this insurance previously. Many people (myself included) did a lot of research into the financial history of the company before jumping in. Should answer many of the questions you have.

Yes, the above is correct - you have to carry at least the same amount of liability on your DD's as you do your collector cars. For me, I carry 500k, but the premium through BJ only went up $2/year!

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Damn! You guys need to drive more! lol

I contacted them about the Viper, because I really wanted a stated value policy, but I put too many miles on it per year. I guess the longer driving season in south helps. :)

Wedge500

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Wedge - I'm sure you could have gotten coverage if you had explained that you drive less than 2,500 miles/year, and then called them for an exclusion when Power Tour came along. Would go a long way towards the Roe you're saving up for!QUOTE]

Possibly!!! but I know that I will likely always drive more than the 2500 miles per year they allow, even if I do not take it on the Power Tour as in the past. I guess I was just way too honest :dunno:

Now if I get the Vortech setup installed on the Stang this winter, then I might actually drive it a bit more and give the Viper alittle break :D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang