Barrett Jackson -Viper

jim 632

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I was looking through the Barrett - Jackson carlist and see that on Wednesday lot # 410 1996 Viper GTS 8600 miles will cross the block. I'm curious to see what the car will sell for in todays market. I know prices at this auction are high but none the less it should be interesting. I bought the same car last year with 18,000 miles, Roe super charger, headers, exhaust and other goodies for $42K. just thought i would share the info. Jim:eater:

AZMotorgod

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know the AZ chapter is doing a ride there (I am not able to go) but hopefully someone will see this thread and also check it out.

Mr. Pemberton,

Will you be in town for long or just a quick turn around? I bet the club would love to get together with you.

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is the description:
The awesome performance of the GTS is undeniable. An under-rated 450hp with almost 500ft/lbs of torque in a new all aluminum 8.0 Liter V10 engine powering a 6-speed transmission, specially fitted Michelin Pilot SX MXX3 hi-performance tires, air bags, air conditioning, leather seats, bold face white gauges with 200mph speedometer and a 7,000 rpm tachometer. Add to that, all the creature comforts that allow the individual driver to become one with the road. Offered here is Viper #186 which is probably the finest and best cared for examples of a 1996 GTS coupe. Fully matching numbers car with all documentation complete back to the date of purchase including original Window Sticker and purchase agreement. Body panels are all in original paint, tires and wheels are also original. It was kept in a climate controlled automotive sanctuary located in Southern California. Appropriate upgrades include Borla cat-back stainless exhaust, Stop Tech brakes, mild cam and a sport tuned ECU. All services performed by authorized Viper trained technicians. This car truly runs and looks fabulous. Less than 8,600 actual miles.

Next Phase

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was looking through the Barrett - Jackson carlist and see that on Wednesday lot # 410 1996 Viper GTS 8600 miles will cross the block. I'm curious to see what the car will sell for in todays market. I know prices at this auction are high but none the less it should be interesting. I bought the same car last year with 18,000 miles, Roe super charger, headers, exhaust and other goodies for $42K. just thought i would share the info. Jim:eater:

You did good w/ your purchase....

I'm interested in seeing what it will bring in. I will go out on a limb and say in the mid $40's....maybe even $50k? (Just because it is B-J)

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The B/W last year sold for 60.5K

This one has more miles and mods(cam).
Who skips headers and goes straight to a cam anyways:dunno:
Not sure what this will do to the price for collectors...

My guess is this one will go for 56K

anyone else? place your bets:eater:

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If it sells for mid 40s there still is the B-J commission on top of that I think. That would increase the cost by something like 8%.

yea, i just look at the overall price(hammer+commission) since that is what the buyer actually pays for the car.
but i guess if your looking to sell, the hammer is what your looking at.

OP
OP
J

jim 632

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My Bid is $49K. I'm heading down to the Mecum auction on the 28th in FLA. I think the prices are more in line.

gb66gth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It depends on when it rolls across the auction block, but I bet it doesn't break $40k

Next Phase

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Custom 2000 Chopper "Tap Out" themed bike sold for $12.5k

That was a great buy!

Also a Pace Car Z06 sold for $66k...

2snakes4us

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They said the bidding was not slowing down and bam they say sold. those Idiots did not even try to get more for the car and they did not know how to open the hood to sell the looks under the hood. that would have given more time on the block. Barret Jackson *****.:nono:

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Reading down the thread I was gonna guess 52K. What makes Barret Jackson so high priced is that the economy can't affect it too much as the people that go there are nearly all buyers that came to BUY a car and as shown by the commission, the buyers brought money.

Ted

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i hav noticed in the last few circuits they have slammed the gavel early. they are tryin to teach people to get to gettin, it aint workin. they are fat cats they dont care about a few extra k. u can tell. they are not as hungry as they used to be

okloneranger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BJ to me seems mostly like a "nostalga" buyers market. They just don't have an appreciation for Vipers. Maybe they will in 20 years. It did seem like they "hammered" it sold very quickly.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Barrett Jackson sells for Barrett Jackson. 8% commission is a lot of money and they will shorten times to increase sales as they have nearly unlimited cars and very limited time.

xlrashn

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Barrett Jackson sells for Barrett Jackson. 8% commission is a lot of money and they will shorten times to increase sales as they have nearly unlimited cars and very limited time.

That 8% is just from the SELLER!! They also make another 10%:omg: from the BUYER.... 18% total commission on every car....not bad coinage!:rolleyes:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang