Battery Cover

2kvette

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What is up with that battery cover in the trunk!! Why is the battery enclosed in "Fort Knox"??!!! The screws were a ***** to open and they had to have 5 of them??? The battery was dead and I had to charge. Does the cover need to be on and why enclose it like that? Thanks!

VipeRicK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your right in everything you said about the battery cover. Take out their screws and put in your own bolts and nuts,
or you will always have this problem. In fact I just lay my cover on top now with no screws, etc. and put the rug over it. I hear no rattling or noise ----no problems.

OP
OP

2kvette

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys! I did a search and it seems everyone has the problem (I was hoping it wasn't just me). Anyway, I'm going your route VipeRick....no screws seems the way to go!

DSR207

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My 95 Viper required taking the driver side rear tire off to change the battery :laugh: ...Changing the screws is a good idea but leaving the cover off is not. If you ever drive in the rain or even wash the car, water splash will get in the trunk....Besides, you only have to take that cover off once or twice in the life time of your Viper.... :cool:

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Taking the screws out is simple with a screw gun and the torques bit. Takes all of about 20 seconds.

rleminv

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I use a small 3/8" air impact wrench w/correct tork bit. Put a little dab of anti-sieze compound upon installation. Works great for me.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21