Battery maintainer/charger

SoCal Craig

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viper wouldn't start this morning. Dead battery :(

Does someone make a battery charger/maintainer for the Viper that you plug into the cigarette lighter. I have one for the Porsche (bought at Dealer). Is it okay to use the Porsche charger on the Viper?

Viper is 2 years old so maybe it's time for a new battery. Where do you get one... the dealer?

REDSLED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Craig, dead battery in the Viper huh? Well that's what you get for keeping your Viper in the garage and driving your S2000(Rice O Roni) or your Boxster (Porsche w/*******) around town. :) See you at the track next month.

carguy07

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Is it generally acceptable to use a battery tender through the cigarette lighter with no concerns of damage to the car? Where is the best place to buy one. Name brand only, no knock offs?

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score
Hey Craig, dead battery in the Viper huh? Well that's what you get for keeping your Viper in the garage and driving your S2000(Rice O Roni) or your Boxster (Porsche w/*******) around town. :) See you at the track next month.

Funny $hit....LMFAO! :D

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score
Is it generally acceptable to use a battery tender through the cigarette lighter with no concerns of damage to the car? Where is the best place to buy one. Name brand only, no knock offs?

DelTran Battery Tender Plus....get at Wal-Mart, Pep Boys, etc.. Don't know about cig lighter application. I like to hook to the remote battery positive post and ground under the hood. I usually open the hood to allow hot air venting and fluid checking after a drive anyway.

kgrif

Viper Owner
Reaction score
They sell a cig adapter for 5.95 on line. Just got the whole set up and it works really good!

Scorch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Get the Battery Tender. Left it on all last winter without any issues.

The Tender comes with a connector cable that I attached to the jumper posts under the hood. Stuff the Tender end of the cable behind the body color piece on plastic in front of the door. Any time you want to hook up the Tender just reach in, grab it, and plug it in. No need to even open the hood.

Good luck.

OP
OP
S

SoCal Craig

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Do you even have your car back yet??? Or are you still carless like Rebel and Dearing? ;) .

Actually, Dearing and myself will be at Spring Mountain (Pahrump) this weekend. You should come out and have some fun. Bring the cupholder... we're bringing ours. Dearing will be driving the ricer on Michelin PS Cups. I'll be driving the Porsche with ******* on CB street tires (need to protect my lead in T6) :laugh:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960