Battery Question

PJP's Venom

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hello, fellow Viper Club Members! A few questions: my '06 SRT-10with limited miles and limited driving is coming up on it's 4 year mark this Fall. The small battery tender I keep on it has of late been failing to turn to its green mode (fully charged mode). First question: What is the best battery tender? Second question: If I do have to replace the battery this fall, what would be the best brand option for my snake? Thank you guys and gals. Drive safely. Pete (PJP's Venom):usa:

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hello, fellow Viper Club Members! A few questions: my '06 SRT-10with limited miles and limited driving is coming up on it's 4 year mark this Fall. The small battery tender I keep on it has of late been failing to turn to its green mode (fully charged mode). First question: What is the best battery tender? Second question: If I do have to replace the battery this fall, what would be the best brand option for my snake? Thank you guys and gals. Drive safely. Pete (PJP's Venom):usa:

DELTRAN BATTERY TENDER PLUS........... If It Fits On or In A Viper, PartsRack Probably Has It.

I have had great luck, using, storing, recommending, SEARS DIEHARD GOLD, or PLATINUM

If you search the word "Battery" you will get lots of opinions

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
We ALL have our own ideas, viewpoints, and preferences.

Specific to our Gen III and IV Vipers, I promptly switch out the OEM battery and replace it with Group 34 Sears Die-Hard Platinum battery...as it is readily available, excellent performance, won't leak, has a long estimated service life backed by an excellent warranty. Importantly (to me) is the fact that this battery is made by EnerSys...makers of the Odyssey battery line.

I personally use Battery Tender Plus units...as they have performed well for us on Vipers for many years. Ctek is an excellent, higher-end unit that is very popular.

There will be many, many more opinions offered !! :)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tombala