Battery Tender Cigarette Lighter users I need feedback

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How do you run the cord into your car? Do you just close the door on it or do you crack the window a little. I am hoping to get by with just shutting the door on the cord and hope it will not damage the weatherstripping. My concern is if I crack the window it could be an open invitation for mice or something to get into the car over the winter.

What do you do, crack window or shut door on cord? Other?

Thanks in advance.

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I do it for 7 years now with the window up/closed. No problems.
Cord on top of the window.

Steve 00RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Crack the window. I leave the windows cracked a cord width all winter anyway. I think it good to move a little air in there. I crack the window enough to let the cord rest on top of the door.

Steve

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
other for me, wired to the + jump post and earth stud on the drivers side chassis in such away that i dont have to open the hood

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I leave the windows fully down. Car cover stops any dust and such from entering.

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Frank....I used to leave my GTS in trailer prison all winter and used the cig lighter plug with the window cracked. Then covered the car.

The window only needs the slightest opening. I was concerned about long term deforming the weatherstrip too.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
other for me, wired to the + jump post and earth stud on the drivers side chassis in such away that i dont have to open the hood

Me too, hard wire it to the pos and neg under the hood, just run the wire to the side opening in in the fender, tuck it in there and reach in and pull it out and connect to the tender when you need it without opening the hood.

GT40DOC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I go through an open passenger side window, but I don't store my car as we can use them the year around. I just lay an old towel on the door so the cord is not on the paint and it works great.

jwbond

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I didn't know they made tenders that charge through the cig lighter. I'm worried opening the hood by myself all the time is going to eventually break the latches.

Where can I pick up a cig lighter batt tender?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cookviper