Battery tenders. Anyone use them ?

want a B&W coupe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where do you hook the leads to ? I'm guessing the same spots under the hood where you would jump start the car from ???

mad0953

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think that's where I put mine. I put the positive lead on the bolt with the red cap on it up on top and the negative one on the bolt that's down by the sidesill with the black wire in it.

D

DAMN YANKEE

Yes,

Positive to the top post, ngative to the lower rail ground screw.

96GTS232

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think that's where I put mine. I put the positive lead on the bolt with the red cap on it up on top and the negative one on the bolt that's down by the sidesill with the black wire in it.

What he said.....also, i was told to hook up cables first then plug in unit. Works great.

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I tried one that was might have been made for motorcycles..it didn't put out enough juice. Maybe just 2 amps?

So I just use a battery charger that automatically reduces the amps as needed.

Bhuns16

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Battery maintainers work. I use a Die Hard maintainer from Sears for all my toys through the storage months. Make connections under the hood where you would jump start from. The maintainers from Sears come with bolt-on eyelets, alligator clips or through cig. lighter connections. I use the bolt-on method because it's the lowest profile. The cars start up right away every year. No problems.

PittsburghRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I use the brand that Chuck Tator sells. It works great and is hidden under the small panel in front of the drivers door.

RAYSIR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I store cars and use the tender that NAPA sells.Have them on 3 of my cars over the winter. Has auto shut off when battery full charged and comes on when low charge. Think they cost about $30.00. RA

96GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got mine from Partsrack.com and it works great! I believe JonB has them for $54.00, and if you think about it, that's about half the price of a new battery.

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can honestly say that I have never used a battery tender and have never had a problem with any of my cars starting in the Spring.

Hisserman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I carry mine with me all the time (see photo). I just feed the plug out the gill and hook to an extension cord during the Winter.

6594Schumacher.jpg

It uses an existing bolt for mounting. I put foam backing on the back and a plastic cover over the plug prongs (stick the plug cord back behind the unit when I'm not using it). I know the extra weight may cut down my ET's, but it sure is convenient.

Sorry for the sloppy picture, but I do drive my car! :headbang:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery