BBK Thottle Bodies

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unfortunately idle hang is common with after market throttle bodies. I have the x-metal and have issues with some idle hang. I think there is a thread in the performance modifications forum which detailed the new x-metal single blade throttle body at the time. There is quite a bit of detail in there.

I have heard many solutions but havent had a chance to try all of them.

Has anyone had issues with the BBK throttle body sticking at 1,300 RPM?

Hans Christian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Take it to Dan at DC perfomance in Los Angeles - he fixed mine and it is a huge improvement over stock when you run SC

Dan is the man and I am fan (maybe I should become a poet before the economy crashes totally, argh maybe not)

Canyon707

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The BBK I got had that problem and I sent it back for adjustment and have yet to try it again. I run the X-Metal and have no problems with it. It did lose some torque and the bottom but seems to come on strong at the upper end.

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have both the X-metal and the BBK. I find each has its strengths. I have never had either one hang or cause idle problems for me. They are very different in how they react to throttle input though. I have tested both on my car for more than 1K miles each and I much prefer the X-metal.

X-Metal TB
The x-metal TB makes the car want to buck a little when you press the gas (single blade design so a bit more air jumps in). What I mean is it makes the car jump off the line and I like that a lot. I like fast response from my right foot. The problem with that is if you have a daily driver or do a lot of around town driving it can get annoying when making light shifts. It takes getting used to but when you open it up the car reacts fast and just breaths like nothing else. The car feels stronger SOTP

BBK TB
The BBK is a cool looking TB and gives very similar response to stock. Easy for around town driving but you will not feel any gain or seat of the pants "SOTP" change from it. When you go WOT you don't feel any significant change in the cars reaction, power. It probably gives some hp gain at the top end but I couldn't say I felt much difference

Don't expect a lot of power from a TB but I can tell you my experience is the car reacts better with the x-metal and drives smoother with the BBK. Depending on your style of driving you have choices.

I hope this helps on making some sort of educated decision. :2tu:

Canyon707

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Murray sent me his BBK to try on my car since he was having idle issues. I tried it and had the same problems high rpm idle. I sent it back to BBK and they said they fixed it but, I didn't try it out I am just going to send it back to Murray in Texas. I also looked it over *** the X-Metal was more finished and highly polished inside where the BBK is not. I didn't feel it made any difference to the car so I put back on my X-Metal which I had no problems.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte