BeaveRun June 25, 2010

daytonprowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
VCA Members,

Come and join us for a Viper Play Day at BeaveRun June 25, 2010. The first 27 to sign up get the field. Our own John Wojnar, new VCA Midwest Zone Director, will be heading up this VCA Ohio Region signature event once again this year. Jim and Kathy Stout will be there for those of us needing instruction. Hope to see you there!

Randall Arnold
President VCA Ohio Region

attachment.php

Attachments

• viperplayday.jpg
    viperplayday.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 615

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great to see it back at BeaveRun!

I'm there!

Congrats to John for his new role. Question, my neighbor is an instructor at that track. If needed, I'm sure he would love to help out the VCA. Although he is a vette owner, he loves the vipers.

OP
OP
daytonprowler

daytonprowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for your support!!! Give John a call about your neighbor's participation. Pass the word, we need the entries in as soon as possible. The first 27 get the field!

Thank you,
Randall

OP
OP
daytonprowler

daytonprowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is there a refund policy if something comes up ?

This is barely a breakeven event for the club. We have kept the event price the same for the last 3 BeaveRun events over the last 4 years. We just want to get members out on the track and enjoy their cars. "Rain or Shine" we run the cars.:drive: I'll check with John to see how he would like to handle this situation, should it come up.

OP
OP
daytonprowler

daytonprowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Check is in the mail...

Simms, THANK YOU!

Hopefully we can get all 27 spots filled by the March 1st deadline. We only have 6 signed up so far. We need all 27 spots filled or we will have to cancel the event. The BeaveRun track has been completely resurfaced. We are still charging the same entry fee that we have over the last 3 BeaveRun events . As you well know, $300 for a whole day of track time is cheap!
Simms, thank you for your continuing support of this event. Hopefully it will all workout!

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Simms, THANK YOU!

Hopefully we can get all 27 spots filled by the March 1st deadline. We only have 6 signed up so far. We need all 27 spots filled or we will have to cancel the event. The BeaveRun track has been completely resurfaced. We are still charging the same entry fee that we have over the last 3 BeaveRun events . As you well know, $300 for a whole day of track time is cheap!
Simms, thank you for your continuing support of this event. Hopefully it will all workout!

Its a great event for sure! No matter if you are a track rat or first timmer.

Why is the deadline so early? That is a little scary since the event is at the end of June. I'm concerned most won't think about it until spring. It would be a shame to cancel.

If allowed, I may be able to round up some other cars (vettes, porsches, etc.) to help fill a void.

OP
OP
daytonprowler

daytonprowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its a great event for sure! No matter if you are a track rat or first timmer.

Why is the deadline so early? That is a little scary since the event is at the end of June. I'm concerned most won't think about it until spring. It would be a shame to cancel.

If allowed, I may be able to round up some other cars (vettes, porsches, etc.) to help fill a void.

You are allowed! ROUND THEM UP!!! :drive:
I appreciate all the help I can get!

The event ends up costing with track rental, personnel, insurance, ambulance, tech inspections, food, etc., about $8000 when all is said and done. I can't take a chance, with the economy, if we only fill 10-12 spots by track day. We're not out to make any money on the event, but I can't risk not having the spots filled and having a $4000 hit to the club treasury. I have to pay the deposit by March 1.

This is an opportunity for ALL VCA members. I've done multiple postings on the VCA Boards to get the word out. Unfortunately some members are now sensitive about multiple posts. Be that as it may, John is getting a list of all the participants from the last 3 BeaveRun events and we are sending them a personal invitation.

You can download the form at www.viperclubohio.org If anyone has any questions, feel free to call John or myself.

Simms, thank you for your help!

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You are allowed! ROUND THEM UP!!! :drive:
I appreciate all the help I can get!

The event ends up costing with track rental, personnel, insurance, ambulance, tech inspections, food, etc., about $8000 when all is said and done. I can't take a chance, with the economy, if we only fill 10-12 spots by track day. We're not out to make any money on the event, but I can't risk not having the spots filled and having a $4000 hit to the club treasury. I have to pay the deposit by March 1.

This is an opportunity for ALL VCA members. I've done multiple postings on the VCA Boards to get the word out. Unfortunately some members are now sensitive about multiple posts. Be that as it may, John is getting a list of all the participants from the last 3 BeaveRun events and we are sending them a personal invitation.

You can download the form at www.viperclubohio.org If anyone has any questions, feel free to call John or myself.

Simms, thank you for your help!

That all makes sense to me. Sending the past participants a personal invite is a good idea!

I already have a twin turbo C6 owner registering (need to convert him:D). Now if I could only get some other Pittsburgh vipers to not be afraid of the track.:drive:

How about sending a notice to the PA/WV president so they can get the word out via their email list? I know a large part of the club is in eastern PA, but we do have some guys VERY local to BeaveRun. After all, it is in Pennsylvania.

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A guy I work with is an officer in the PA Porsche Club. I just ran a copy of the flier over to his office to see if he can gather up some cars as well.

For some crazy reason we fall short by one car, let me know and I can also register a 996TT. I'll just enjoy driving two cars around that day:)

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks SIMMS for the help!!!! Spread the word!!
A guy I work with is an officer in the PA Porsche Club. I just ran a copy of the flier over to his office to see if he can gather up some cars as well.

For some crazy reason we fall short by one car, let me know and I can also register a 996TT. I'll just enjoy driving two cars around that day:)

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just giving this thread and event a bump. Come on out to BeaveRun on Friday June, 25th for a fun day. If you are worried about tracking your viper don't be. My first time was in '08 and I had a blast. You don't have to go any faster than you want to go and it's a great track to have some fun on. For the price you can't beat it. :drive::drive::drive::D:D:D

OP
OP
daytonprowler

daytonprowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope it's a go too!

I've left messages a week ago with John to see where we are at on the count. I do know he was able to get a one week extension. I have not heard back from him. He may be out on business. He and Rob will be at the party this Saturday, so I guess we'll know then.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21