been here 2 years and still no viper

Dads Toy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
HI, glad you let me hang out here and keep my Viper dream alive. I made a decision last year and bought a 2007 Vette instead of waiting on getting my dream car a Viper. I will have it paid off next year and then I can get ready for a Viper. I got a great deal on it and could not pass it up since the Vette and Viper are my two favorite cars. My grand daughter absolutely loves it and I know she will love the Viper when I get one.

My question to you is for the members who own both a Viper and a Vette. Which one do you drive the most. My vette is an automatic and very easy to drive. I do drive it daily when the weather is good. I know it is supposed to be an easier car to drive on a daily basis. But if you have a different daily driver other than the Vette and Viper. which do you drive the most when its time to take the TOY out?

thanks

Nixon's SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I drive the viper daily, wouldnt have it any other way! I do leave it in when a big storm is coming and im disspointed as i have to pull the other car out.

When you purshace your viper, it will be hard to leave the keys in tray and grab the other set.

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had both for a number of years, I always wanted to drive the Viper more so I sold the vette.

viperdrummer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have had several Vettes and they are the best bang for the buck in the world. They are great daily drivers and much better in that regard for no other reason than I have never worried about leaving my Vettes in parking lots but never leave my Vipers out of site.

My daily is a CTS-V with a Vette ZR1 motor--to me the ultimate daily driver.

The difference is when you get your Viper you will be much more likely to drive that on weekend fun trips. It is a drivers car and unlike the Vette you may find yourself going in the garage JUST to look at it.

OP
OP
D

Dads Toy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. Already got a spot in the garage for it. I really like the vette but still WANT the Viper even more now. I am sure I will use the vette as a nice weather daily driver and a Viper as a weekend fun toy.

compcoupe21

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My mom has a Vette. End of story

Example of a stupid post!:nono:

I have had several Vettes and they are the best bang for the buck in the world. They are great daily drivers and much better in that regard for no other reason than I have never worried about leaving my Vettes in parking lots but never leave my Vipers out of site.

My daily is a CTS-V with a Vette ZR1 motor--to me the ultimate daily driver.

The difference is when you get your Viper you will be much more likely to drive that on weekend fun trips. It is a drivers car and unlike the Vette you may find yourself going in the garage JUST to look at it.

Example of a smart post!!:2tu:

white out

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A C6 would be a great DD. So much more comfortable, quiet, ergonomical, etc. The Viper is just a much more fun car.
I've driven my friend's '08 LS3 coupe/M6, it's really nice, but nowhere near as much fun, in my eyes, as the Viper.

I also looked at C6Z06s, but they couldn't overtake the GTS, even though the C6Z was faster and newer.

Nick

Zentenk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Example of a stupid post!:nono:

Example of a smart post!!:2tu:

Yeah?

Your post = same as mine so what does that prove?

I disagree with the smart post. I believe a 2003/04 Cobra to be a better bang for the buck daily driver/fun ride. More room, better visibility, better performance (than majority of Vettes) and it looks meaner, sounds way better. You also don't get the stuck up stereotype that surrounds Vettes. MPG **** though ahha!

cujo200231

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Had an 05 Vette and 03 Viper at the same time. I ended up selling the Vette. The Vette was definitely more of a DD, but to me, the Viper felt like a true, raw sportscar and the Vette, well it felt like a fast DD..But then again, The more brutal the better since it is a toy. Have you drove a Viper before?

97snk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Getting in and out of the Viper is a pain if it's lowered but other than that Viper all the way.

viperbilliam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was sitting on the fence kind of like you five years ago and already had a few Vettes. One Viper owner I worked with said Vettes are good Viper starter kits. I thought that was funny; I still like Vettes a lot and will add one but I'm not willing to give up the Viper for one.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I bought another Supercharged GTS in Phoenix and stopped in Laughlin, Nevada on the way home. When checking my car at the 5th floor parking garage I saw a Z06 parked behind my GTS. Sunglasses hanging from the mirror, clothes on the floor passenger side, etc.

Day later I was surprised when that vette pulled out of the parking structure and was being driven by a 70 year old granny. Had a stick in it.

Ted

V

Venomiss

Next Viper meeting coming up quick is up north your way.
PM me :)

V

Venomiss

No problem and hope the weather is good for a nice turn out of Vipers!

HyperViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I liked my C6 quite a bit. I LOVE my Viper :headbang: To me just as easy to drive as a vette unless you gotta go auto.

ViperGeorge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Look while Vettes and Porsches are very nice cars, let's face it you see a lot more of them than Vipers. You pull up in a ZR1 and people say "nice Vette", they can't tell its something special, you pull up in a Viper and people say "OMG that's awesome!". Get the Viper and dump the Vette.

OP
OP
D

Dads Toy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No intention on dumping the vette. bought it for a daily driver. twice the gas milage of my Dodge 4x4 truck (truck gets about 14 highway/city combined and the vette gets about 26-28. I will get a viper as my next car and then I will have my dream car and a nice daily driver.

HHI VIPER

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Look while Vettes and Porsches are very nice cars, let's face it you see a lot more of them than Vipers. You pull up in a ZR1 and people say "nice Vette", they can't tell its something special, you pull up in a Viper and people say "OMG that's awesome!". Get the Viper and dump the Vette.
I agree and like Vette's. I have had a Vette's, Porsche, TT 3rd Gen Rx7, Trans Am, Z cars and a built AMX (OK, I'm showing my age:D) and others along the line but the Viper gets "way" more attention than any of them!!! When you get one, you'll know what everyone is talking about.

BolsOut

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My mom has a Vette. End of story

I think Zentenk has a valid point. Though I've never owned a Vette, I've driven several (last was my buddy's '09) and have been unimpressed for the most part.
:cool:
Individual perception & context is key though. If you're stepping from a Ford Focus into a Vette, then you may be dazzled.
:omg:
Stepping from a Viper into a Vette...not so much.:smirk:

Bottom line is that the Vette is made to be a daily driver. In a word, it is "Neutral".

The Viper is not.
I honestly believe my car hates me, and will gladly kill me if given the opportunity. It Seethes Menace.:firedev:

But you're hardly going to receive an objective answer on this site.
:D
:usa:

Jersey Jeff

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have a sedan and an SUV as daily drivers. Have Vettes and Viper for joy riding, and find I get more joy driving the Viper which I did not anticipate when I got it. Yes, my C6 ZO6 is more refined and more suitable when I want to take the wife to dinner some place, but when it is just a fun cruise to unwind after a day at work, or a weekend cruise to celebrtate not working, I end up in the Viper 98% of the time. I have more miles on my 09 Viper than I have on my 08 ZO6.The definitive indicator, my 7 year old daughter always picks the Viper for cruises over the Vettes. :usa:

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I think Zentenk has a valid point. Though I've never owned a Vette, I've driven several (last was my buddy's '09) and have been unimpressed for the most part.
:cool:
Individual perception & context is key though. If you're stepping from a Ford Focus into a Vette, then you may be dazzled.
:omg:
Stepping from a Viper into a Vette...not so much.:smirk:

Bottom line is that the Vette is made to be a daily driver. In a word, it is "Neutral".

The Viper is not.
I honestly believe my car hates me, and will gladly kill me if given the opportunity. It Seethes Menace.:firedev:

But you're hardly going to receive an objective answer on this site.
:D
:usa:

Reminds me of an ex-wife.