Before & After Pics 1994 RT/10 -- not quite done

MannyC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK, here are some before and after pics of my newly acquired 1994 RT/10. Maybe it's just me, but I think the RT/10's with the roof on look more aggressive (nicer) than the coupes. Kind of like comparing a Z06 to the normal bubble hatchback coupe.

BEFORE

You must be registered for see images

AFTER (3 pics)

The car was lowered about 1.5"
A rear Mopar wing was added
Stop Tech Rotors and new pads/lines added
Ugly orange emblems were replaced with nice chrome ones, so you can actually see them
Seat was lowered 1"
Hi Flow Cats and steel tips added
A/C was added!!! Yay!

Next week I get the short shifter, new headers, the new chrome rims and I ordered a second set of side windows (sportier looking snake oyl windows for when the top is off.) Will post those when that is done.

Manny

PS: Did I ever mention the brakes on these vipers really ****? ;)

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice job Manny! Very clean looking and well done. I like! :D Cant wait to see those chromed rims. :laugh:

Austin

Fishtail

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks great! Red's the color. I like mine with the hard top also. The double bubble makes it look meeeeeeaaaan. The before and after look nice and clean :)

-Lou

Saleen-Explorer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice job, looks like a really clean 1st gen. With the heat the Viper generates (especially 1st gens) I couldn't imagine how the hell some of you drive it around with no a/c, I'd die down here in South FL, must feel so much better having some cool air blasting at you.

Whats in your garage near your bike, can't tell if it's a waverunner or not lol? I have to rip out the engine in one of our Waveraiders tomorrow to get the starter out (seized), we have one other Waveraider (also seized, never let mom's friends use them again lol), and two Yamaha GP1200R's with one having a stage II kit.

Looks like you have a Sea Doo in their, but can't even tell if it's a ski or not.

OP
OP
M

MannyC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Saleen, good eye... it is a Sea Doo. I am going to pick up a 2nd ski for my girl -- she wants one of the big 3 seaters so that it doesn't move when she climbs up on it. The one in the pic is a highly modded ski for me to beat up on all the folk out on the water.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The seadoo looks like a 97 XP, got the 110 HP or the 130 HP? They fly and have a friend who bought the new 180 HP S/C four stroke. 70+ in the water is flying,

DR VIPER

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Car looks teriffic with the roof and the spoiler,certainly changes the look completely,doesn't it!
Where did you order the spoiler from?
Aren't Sea-doos awesome.I have a 98 XP LTD and a 97 SPX(110 HP)and should have them in the water this weekend(hopefully).

OP
OP
M

MannyC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the postive comments on the car, guys.

Dr Viper, I got the spoiler through Parts Rack. I was told he had the last 3 new ones on the planet, so I guess he only has 2 left. I liked it because mine came painted red already, and it was only a few hundred bucks.

picflight

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very good transformation Manny, I bet you are always sneeking into the garage to see how it looks :)

Are the seatbelts in the center of the GEN1 too? How are you getting used to the way seatbelts hold you. I remember that I always drove my C4 leaning over a bit towards the center with my elbow resting on the right arm rest, in the Viper I would think that the seatbelt would be in the way?

Buzzzz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey did you buy chrome replacement logos for the sides, or did you have your original letters chromed? That's something I want to do to mine as well...

OP
OP
M

MannyC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had my old ones pulled and new ones put on. Somebody at Dodge, in their great infinate wisdom, thought it would be stylish to put orange lettering on a red car. Jesus!

Anyway, the chrome ones I got through the shop that was doing all the fixes to my car. They didn't have the rear ones (on the bumper) so I ordered those from Jon B at Parts Rack and should have them next week.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960