Belanger Exhaust

Makara

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Please post before and after dyno results if you have them. I'd like to hear what it sounds like as well. I would like to put an exhaust on my GTS. I had the Belanger and high flows on my RT-10 and I really liked the sound but it was very loud (sidepiped car).

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Get a tube of "Permatex" Ultra Copper, Sensor-safe high temp RTV silicone gasket maker Part# 101BR, for the flanges. They are a nice system to install! We/I have installed a few of their systems. Nice workmanship!!
BURNOUT.gif

Tom Welch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
DO NOT USE COPPER OR ANY RED COLORED RTV SEALANT on Belanger or any other flanges, it will coat your oxygen sensors and set CE codes. Use only BLACK hi temp rtv. But the brilliant sales person who sold you your system should have either told you that or included it in the installation instructions..my instructions contain all of this material for hassle free installations.

Tom Http://btrviper.com

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tom Welch:
DO NOT USE COPPER OR ANY RED COLORED RTV SEALANT on Belanger or any other flanges, it will coat your oxygen sensors and set CE codes.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Never had a problem with it! I'm sure you would if you use to much of it? A little common sence gose a long way!! I've been using it for years and I'm sure I will be using it for many years to come!
supergrin.gif

ACR Joe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<FONT COLOR="#ff0000" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">This message has been edited by ACR Joe on 08-02-2002 at 06:48 AM</font>

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SaphBlueRt10:
You are the brilliant salesman Tom... lol

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Tom, now you have to admit, that was funny.. Trying to slam another seller and it was yourself...
laugh.gif

No harm meant, just funny..
smile.gif

Gerald

Jerry Scott[CO]

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I also used the red Ultraseal with no problems. I would also suggest that while you have the side sills off, that you consider doing the machine screw revision for the side sill attachment. This procedure is on the VCA mod. page, and requires buying a tool to set the rivet nuts. If you do not do this, the movement of the headers and side pipes will work loose all of the sheet metal screws over time, and they will fall out in front of your rear tires. The pipes will move more than the stock pipes since the flex joints are removed.

motomike

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some folks have used the Ultra Copper sealant and recommend it yet Tom mentions not to use this stuff. So what's the best sealant to use then?

Does Permatix offer their sealant in Black?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery