Belanger Header Sound Impact

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If anyone is wondering if adding Belanger headers will affect the exhaust note, well the answer is a bunch. Headers was the last choke point in my exhaust system and the last mod added there. They made a bigger difference than the metal high flow cats or the Borla cat back. Very loud, very nasty, deceleration is downright unholy. The only relief is sixth gear.
I love it. I also decided to run without the factory heat shields. :usa:

You must be registered for see images

SapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Really?? Did you go catless? I noticed the only difference on mine is its a more tublar sound (if that makes any sense) like someone blowing into a 2 litre bottle.

KenH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I added Belanger headers to my existing 3" RT cats and Corsa catback, I noticed only a small increase in sound volume, but the tone definitely changed. As SapphireGTS noted, it has a more hollow drumming sound to it or something. That is on a mostly stock creampuff car where the exhaust isn't really much of a restriction with the factory shorty headers. Now if I had an 8psi Roe SC pumping air in and cast exhaust manifolds getting the air out, the results may have been totally different!

OP
OP
S

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Really?? Did you go catless? I noticed the only difference on mine is its a more tublar sound (if that makes any sense) like someone blowing into a 2 litre bottle.

Not catless, I have the metal Random Tech cats. :usa:

SapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very odd. I have a blower and the R/T cats as well. Hmmm. Maybe I have gerbils stuck in mine. (my headers - pervert)

red98GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On my '98, with Corsa cat back and stock cats, the addition of Belanger headers made almost no change in sound whatsoever.
Perhaps your blower was aching for headers.

Alternative

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Red98GTS - you'll most likely need to replace your stock cats with Random Tech, or go catless to fully enjoy the sound.

Shelby3 - nice set up! Looks like you need some fresh brake fluid ;)

1MEANSNAKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Prince Frederick Maryland, On the Chesapeake Bay
If anyone is wondering if adding Belanger headers will affect the exhaust note, well the answer is a bunch. Headers was the last choke point in my exhaust system and the last mod added there. They made a bigger difference than the metal high flow cats or the Borla cat back. Very loud, very nasty, deceleration is downright unholy. The only relief is sixth gear.
I love it. I also decided to run without the factory heat shields. :usa:

You must be registered for see images

A little off topic, But where did you get the vented cowl from? It looks awesome!

Stu Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I totally agree. Your engine is a beauty. :2tu:

Just for gigles and laughs, what is your 0-60 and/or ET's

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
this is also a little off topic but how did you get the roe charger chromed like that?

by the way thing looks awesome all around congrads

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i saw pics of the polished charger and it diden't look like that, thats why i asked unless they never updated the pic that does look incredable i love that also i saw a pic of a polished stock intake that looks great too

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i just want to say it 1 more time shelby that looks great congrads man big time its awesome

OP
OP
S

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i believe there is a polished option for the Roe blower. Looks incredible.

I bought the Roe blower new from Scott at Elite Vipers of Tampa. The tubes are chrome plated and the blower is polished. At the time I purchased it, Scott was doing the chrome for free as an incentive to buy from him. You would have to check with him to see if that's still the deal. Stock the tubes come powder coated. :2tu: :usa: