Belanger headers/heat shields?

red98GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
After reading some of the posts about the blue spark plug wires, some peole have mentioned the need for the heat shield w/ Belanger headers. Hmmm. Interesting. From what Lou Belanger just told me this past week, and yes, they do installations there on many Vipers, the stock heat shields "are not necessary" with their headers which are HPC coated. I erroneously said in a previous post that they were "Jet Hot" coated, but they aren't. It's HPC, but basically the same stuff. When they do an installation there, they remove the heat shields and those steel tube-like shields around the plugs. They have stated that it will actually be a bit cooler in that area due to the HPC coating. One sidenote: A prominent club Viper racer has told me that for RACING, the guys put the shield back on over the Belanger headers, due to the prolonged heat build-up of racing and increased steady high rpm. So, it seems there are two schools of thought here on using the heat shields for STREET use. I'm only talking about Vipers that aren't race cars. pete the ex glass guy and hot rodder...:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mpcc