Berated for owning a Viper

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Brentt, that's your decision and your daughter's. Certainly nothing wrong with it!!! The car is DESIGNED FOR OPTIMUM WHIPLASH looks, lol~!!! If you're comfy (and she is) with the *GASPS* and thumbs-up~~go for it! ENJOY the car!!! That's what you got it for, right???? ~juli

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't get too much crap. I tell them "no wife, no kids" and that pretty much shuts them up. Jeeze, at over 40 a man isn't entitled to have something to show for his life?

Of course I don't mention all the money I've spent tracking my second Viper.

93 Cobra R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Eat you up will they?

I attend Sunday school with 100+ singles in their 20's and 30's.....when the lesson comes to materialistic sermons, heads start looking my way. I even put this in the rear window of my old viper because of that:

You must be registered for see images

V

Venomiss

Take your daughter to school if she wants to.

It's fun, inspires the kids, and hopefully she will be proud to ride in it.
Look for the smile.

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
taking / picking up kids in your viper is 1 of the benefits of ownership and a good way to teach values to your children if done properly (or puff their head up if done poorly)

Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for all the replys. It's clear that owning a Viper has added responsibilities besides keeping your foot out of the throttle, and I can see where in todays economy purchasing an exotic car might seem "over the top" to some people which leads me to another question, so I'm hijacking my own thread :bandit:

Should I take my preteen daughter to School in the Viper?

Adolesence is tough enough as it is and I don't want to make things worse.
I know if I ask her she will say "sure", but I don't know if she understands how the other kids or parents might react. So what's the consensus Should I or shouldn't I?

Kids go crazy over these cars, and I take every opportunity to tell them that if they want one someday, they need to stay in school, get good grades, be responsible with their choices, and not be lame-asses like their parents (I don't actually tell them that last part...).

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
there have been numerous times that i thought to myself - i wish nobody had found out about my viper. things do change. it has nothing to do with you, but instead the perception of some the people that surround you changes. its hard to describe, but it does happen and its stupid.

like george said - its just a car, it didnt cost $250,000, and i am NOT a millionaire.

Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
there have been numerous times that i thought to myself - i wish nobody had found out about my viper. things do change. it has nothing to do with you, but instead the perception of some the people that surround you changes. its hard to describe, but it does happen and its stupid.

like george said - its just a car, it didnt cost $250,000, and i am NOT a millionaire.

It's funny and ironic because I'm sure a lot of people buy these cars for the image and attention - and then when they get that attention, the car stays in the garage.

DLTARNU

Suspended
Reaction score
I generally don't get much negative attention from driving my Viper, until I hook up my sled team of baby seals to pull me along the interstate, whilst I smoke illegal Cuban cigars with my underage Russian bride riding shotgun.

Kevan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I generally don't get much negative attention from driving my Viper, until I hook up my sled team of baby seals to pull me along the interstate, whilst I smoke illegal Cuban cigars with my underage Russian bride riding shotgun.
....to pick up a case of:

You must be registered for see images attach

:D :D :D

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How are you going to let someone else decide where and what you can drive? To heck with that. Dont even let it get to you. We worked hard to have what we have and if they are green, well let them be. There is always going to be people like. I am not going to let the perception of the car decide how I live, what I drive to work. My job never would though as most drive BMW's, Mercedes, Corvettes, and me with my Viper.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You bought it. You like it and if your daughter enjoys it then drive it

Ted

NHL2133

Enthusiast
Reaction score

...and drinking a long neck while on your cell phone...

....to pick up a case of:

You must be registered for see images attach

:D :D :D

:hahaup: Kevan, that is one of the funniest things I've ever seen! :lmao::lmao:

SEASNAKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
After 10 years of daily driving, I've heard about everything. I stopped explaining a long time ago that I bought it with the money my father left me. Everyone calls me SEASNAKE at work now. I'm kind of an urban legend. I dropped my kids off whenever I could (can) and they have never had any bad experiences because of it. So I say, drive the heck out of it and enjoy every mile.

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dont worry about it dude! I have had it too. Many times. Especially me being younger as well. I just let them say what they want and dont take it to heart. It is hard, but learning to just agree that I sell drugs or whatever else!;)

Truth is opinions are like armpits. Everyone has two of them and some of them stink.:)

At the end of the day it is just that. Their opinion. It in no way means that they are correct or valid.

Robert

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They say if you own a car you'll never be homeless

So I tell people I need a place to sleep

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They say if you own a car you'll never be homeless
So I tell people I need a place to sleep

Yes, and our Vipers are SO comfy~!!!! :D
But, hey, you and I have VETTES too...MUCH more comfy!!!! :rolaugh:
(The Viper/Vette rivalry continues!) ~juli

Vman455

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wonder if people who object to Vipers ever consider that compared to, say, the number of Camrys on the road, Vipers have put far less total pollution into the air...

Take 2002s, for instance. 1622 Vipers produced, and (based on 15000 miles/year, far more than I suspect any Viper gets driven) about 22,870 tons of CO2 in the air each year as a result. In 2002, 434,145 Camrys were sold in the US alone, which put out a total 3.3 million tons of CO2 per year. Food for thought.

SkyBob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wonder if people who object to Vipers ever consider that compared to, say, the number of Camrys on the road, Vipers have put far less total pollution into the air...

Take 2002s, for instance. 1622 Vipers produced, and (based on 15000 miles/year, far more than I suspect any Viper gets driven) about 22,870 tons of CO2 in the air each year as a result. In 2002, 434,145 Camrys were sold in the US alone, which put out a total 3.3 million tons of CO2 per year. Food for thought.

I don't see what point you're making. 22,870 tons of CO2 divided by 1,622 Vipers equals 14 tons of CO2 for each Viper. Doing the same math for your Camry example shows 7.6 tons of CO2.

The people who object to Vipers are considering that if all the Viper owners drive Camrys we (the Viper owners) would be twice as "green". Sure, saving 11,400 tons of CO2 is a drop in the bucket compared to 3.3 million, but what they are thinking is they made the sacrifice and we should too.

Or maybe they're just jealous.

Bob

96GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've sacrificed a great many things in order to be able to HAVE a Viper. People don't know what I paid for it, and some can't fathom why someone would want such a car. This is a free country, and if I choose to drive a truck full of dead puppy carcasses as a daily driver...that IS my right as an American. Perhaps people being so easily offended is offensive to me and I need to pass a Bill called "Get Over yourself and stay out of my business." It seems to me that when we kicked God out of society for being offensive that people lost their manners and lost sight of the founding principles that this country was built upon...FREEDOM!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang