Best $400 I've spent so far...

OKViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I decided to paint my cowl and license plate recess - I've got a buddy that owns a shop and he had his guys do it over the weekend. $400 painted the cowl with yellow, then clear, then striped and cleared again. The rear recess got black stripes and cleared.

I know why Dodge stopped doing this, but they should have gone through the trouble - I think it make a HUGE difference in the look of the car...

What do you guys think?

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images attach

SquadX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks great. Yellow/black GTS are so beautiful, best color combo, but I am a bit bias.

my viper

enthusiast
Reaction score
The cowl on my car is painted too. Love it. And yes, the stripes through the plate area complete the viper IMO. Looks very good.

2001-V10 Power Nut

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Great looking car there OK Viper. I thought you said you were gonna have the wife in the
photos with the bumble bee???

:2tu:

Scott5ppg

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I too have a yellow Viper, 2001 ACR. Been thinking about strips for some time, but dont want anybody messing up my baby. Who paints the best strips and where do I get a yellow front window cowl??? Or do you just have the black rubber painted??

Scott

OP
OP
O

OKViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I too have a yellow Viper, 2001 ACR. Been thinking about strips for some time, but dont want anybody messing up my baby. Who paints the best strips and where do I get a yellow front window cowl??? Or do you just have the black rubber painted??

Scott

Any good auto paint shop (pick a place that does custom work) can put on stripes. There are also vinyl stripes you can use (Even though this is a REAL Bumblebee and 1 of 37 made in 2002)

The black plastic cowl simply gets painted and then stripes are added to it also...

Nothing beats the look of a Bee...

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
looks great. I saw a local guy do the exact same 2 things. With a 2001 Saphire/Silver GTS. It really "completed" the car. Looks like very nice work as well.

97 gts vettslayr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I think it looks awesome. I have a 97 gts red w/ white stripes and I had the license plate area striped the same as the 96 gts (B/W). I personally think it looks better. It looks incomplete to me the way the stripes stop, and then start again. The cowl panel looks great also. I think I'll have mine painted also. Looks great.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang