Best Detailer Fluid Out There?

Purdue_Boiler_Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK, I've tried Mothers, 3M, and Meguiars. I can't tell the difference, except Mothers smells good. :)

In fact, I'm beginning to wonder if DI water will work just as well. Any opinions?

Oh, yeah. Just saw where Dupont is marketing spray wax with teflon. About the same price as Detailer Fluid. Any opinions?

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've tried the Meguiars quick-detailer and the Zaino Z8. Between the two, the Meguiars is easier to apply/buff off, but the Zaino gives a deeper shine (and it smells good, too). Based on the difference in cost, I use the Meguiars. Z8 is expensive stuff.

I've always heard that pretty much any car care product with Teflon in it is a scam because in order for Teflon to bond to a surface, it requires a higher temperature than you can achieve on the surface of a car. I looked for the link I read explaining this, but I can't find it.

Photog1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Zaino!! Just Zanioed my black rt10 and it looks great. Did the clay bar and each step with the system I bought what a difference it makes. I figure it is for the
Viper so I wanted the best cost was not a factor. Go to their website www.zainostore.com and check it out.

DanAuito

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have 6 coats of liquid glass on the 98 RT and I'm very happy with the depth and quality of the shine, at $20 bucks a can (2 cans so far) you can't beat the price or the ease of application. Just my 2 cents, keep the change. Heh Heh Heh

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
gugie911, you got that right.. :)

dan, if ya ever wanna step up in LG, let me know. i got a better product from them that blows the regular LG stuff away and looks just as good.

banton

Viper Owner
Reaction score
OK, I've tried Mothers, 3M, and Meguiars. I can't tell the difference, except Mothers smells good. :)

In fact, I'm beginning to wonder if DI water will work just as well. Any opinions?

Oh, yeah. Just saw where Dupont is marketing spray wax with teflon. About the same price as Detailer Fluid. Any opinions?

After using/trying the same products you listed, I bought some Meguiars NXT Quick Detailer this last time and now prefer it over the previous products.

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My lazy fat a$$ won't touch that "Z" stuff too many steps this number that number, low humidity, not too cold blah blah blah.........

I like NXT, been using it since it came out like a year ago on all my vehicles.

EASY on and EASIER off.

Saint_Spinner

Viper Owner
Reaction score

After using/trying the same products you listed, I bought some Meguiars NXT Quick Detailer this last time and now prefer it over the previous products.

I like the NXT tech wax, but their spray product is horrible! :( If you get any spray on the rubber molds, they get stained white...not to mention they are a PIA if any gets sprayed onto the glass.

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've used zaino

then Meguires

now Adams polish-it wipes off as easy as water and you can get it on trim pieces, no problem, and I like the smell:) the butter wax is amazing

Newport Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
[/QUOTE]I like the NXT tech wax, but their spray product is horrible! :( If you get any spray on the rubber molds, they get stained white...not to mention they are a PIA if any gets sprayed onto the glass.

[/QUOTE]

Yea, not sure why they made the spray wax. That is a dangerous product in the weekenders detail kit.

http://www.superiorcarcare.net/mg12824.html

The spray speed detailer however, is very good.

http://www.superiorcarcare.net/mg13224.html

Saint_Spinner

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yeah, I think too many people complained about the spray wax, hence the newer speed detailer. How is it against dust though? One thing I've noticed with Meguiers Detail spray and NXT wax (both paste and liquid) is since they are synthetic, they tend to attract dust vs. natural carnauba wax.

Newport Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, I think too many people complained about the spray wax, hence the newer speed detailer. How is it against dust though? One thing I've noticed with Meguiers Detail spray and NXT wax (both paste and liquid) is since they are synthetic, they tend to attract dust vs. natural carnauba wax.

Hard to say about the dust. I cleaned mine too much!

2BADD 4U

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You're all wrong. It's Adams detail spray as shown here.
http://www.adamspolishes.com/site/product.cfm?id=F9419F18-3429-47E9-BB2A7549CAC45793

It's the slickest stuff, comes off in one wipe with no residue or streaks and leaves the car super shiny. Smells great too.

No actually you are quite wrong....

If your amazing product wipes off in one wipe, it is just absorbing on the cloth. Like ALL the other water based sprays.

Pinnacle Crystal Mist, on the other hand, IS much better and you can actually feel and see it working, like a real wax based product should.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score

If your amazing product wipes off in one wipe, it is just absorbing on the cloth. Like ALL the other water based sprays.

Pinnacle Crystal Mist, on the other hand, IS much better and you can actually feel and see it working, like a real wax based product should.

I've used it, unimpressed. Didn't look, act or feel one bit different and costs more. So actually, YOU are quite wrong. It's like Zaino, overpriced hype.

2BADD 4U

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I've used it, unimpressed. Didn't look, act or feel one bit different and costs more. So actually, YOU are quite wrong. It's like Zaino, overpriced hype.

LOL, gotta disagree jon....if you believe that there is NO difference between a water based and a natural wax based product...well..no comment...because only an experienced detailer would know that it is a better product.

Your comment....... "It's like Zaino"..."Overpriced hype"...LOL... You are too funny...

Your Adam spray is $9.95 for 16 oz.

Zaino Z-6 spray is $9.95 for 16 oz.

Duh :buttkick:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960